ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

headlight washers...

does anyone know how to remove the painted plastic bumper caps?
i'm thinking about installing my extra bumper... and am not sure how.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

b
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
AusTTin Bob
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Ok, since you've got 44 views and no responses, maybe this marginal advice is better than none. My washer motor lost it's little mind and one of the washers got stuck in the up position. I wasn't paying _particular_ attention to how the cap was secured, but remember thinking "huh, just a little snap on swivelly hinge arrangement." So MAYBE it just snaps on. (Maybe!) But for all I know there's a screw in there, too. Perhaps the quickest way to get on with things is to squat out front by the bumper with a digital camera at the ready, then have an assistant activate the sprayers. Snap a pic real quck then look at it blown up on your computer screen. Maybe a screwy approach, but you may get an unambiguous look that will let you starting popping caps off with confidence, or know for sure that you can't do that...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTTin Bob View Post
Ok, since you've got 44 views and no responses, maybe this marginal advice is better than none. My washer motor lost it's little mind and one of the washers got stuck in the up position. I wasn't paying _particular_ attention to how the cap was secured, but remember thinking "huh, just a little snap on swivelly hinge arrangement." So MAYBE it just snaps on. (Maybe!) But for all I know there's a screw in there, too. Perhaps the quickest way to get on with things is to squat out front by the bumper with a digital camera at the ready, then have an assistant activate the sprayers. Snap a pic real quck then look at it blown up on your computer screen. Maybe a screwy approach, but you may get an unambiguous look that will let you starting popping caps off with confidence, or know for sure that you can't do that...
i appreciate the response! thanks.
i'm thinking i may just call my body shop and ask them.
i would have figure someone with an M would have had some experience with it.
Appreciate 0