ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #133
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
Nikki still owes me pics for the sweater I made her. I wish I knew another Nikki that would appreciate the jacket.. or at least gave me some zpost stickers.
Nikki ... Ya.... where is that photo!!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #134
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I've been wearing my ZPOST polo alot. My wife actually teased me about it. Partially because I'm proud I made it, also because I like the look.

Now for us I love the CK polos I made. But Costco hasn't added any new colors, and the black and silver are running low (I couldn't find XXL).

I took that roadster logo and simplified it to be closer to the coupe logo we were using:

Let's make them jealous.
Santov.... the guys at work are jealous of my polo... I mentioned it was custom and maybe 1 of 15 in the world.... Some recognized the logo from the stickers on my windows. Exclusive drives some of them nuts....

I myself would prefer a few more polo's, heck I'll take a large silver one right now!

I like the lines on the vert.... somehow put that and the ZPOST together....a sure winner.

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #135
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

I flipped the roadster so it points to the right, which matches the direction we read and the coupe logos I did.

What do you guys think about putting this roadster and Zpost or z4 on the back center of the shirt (like between and above should blades):

...or this...

and this on the chest (or viceversa)...

Nobody wants DTC OFF? Look at this crap for $45!! It's not embroidered, just cheapo screen printed!
http://www.zazzle.com/dsc_off_hoodie...43370512763396
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #136
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I flipped the roadster so it points to the right, which matches the direction we read and the coupe logos I did.

What do you guys think about putting this roadster and Zpost or z4 on the back center of the shirt (like between and above should blades):

...or this...

and this on the chest (or viceversa)...

Nobody wants DTC OFF? Look at this crap for $45!! It's not embroidered, just cheapo screen printed!
http://www.zazzle.com/dsc_off_hoodie...43370512763396

Nice....

I'll take two:

1) Polo same as last time - with ZPost - DSC off with the first logo on the back

2) Polo with 3rd design on chest left side and 2nd logo on the back.

Can't wait

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #137
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Sweet! I'll get the shirts tonight. One black and one silver?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #138
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sweet! I'll get the shirts tonight. One black and one silver?

Sure...whatever works convenient for you! I am sure they will be masterpieces!

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #139
just2talented
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine ///M roadster

Just out of curiosity where are u planning on having the shirts printed?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 03:30 AM   #140
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2talented View Post
Just out of curiosity where are u planning on having the shirts printed?
I'm not screen printing, I've been embroidering the designs. First I convert the graphics to machine directions (digitizing), then I use my wife's machine to stitch the patterns (embroidery).

It started as a fun project for the guys and gals here. It's ballooned into a little side gig. Check out the samples above/below.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #141
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

EDIT: I removed the old pics... see below for the finished & updated designs.

Ok Bucko521 feast your eyes! Sorry everybody for the jumbo picture with shit quality/lighting. It's late and I wasn't in the mood to fuss with the DSLR.

I didn't get a chance to do this sooner, been busy with work and didn't get back to Costco to get your other shirt until a couple days ago.

I just finished rendering the graphics and fixing the roadster outline. I did a test run with several colors to see what popped. I only used a black shirt, I'm going to sleep on the color palette for your blue shirt.

Top design is metallic gunmetal roadster with ZPOST done in bright grey. I don't like how the metalic threads "pucker" so that's out. I think I'm going to go with a white roadster and grey ZPOST on the BLACK shirt. [chest design]

Bottom design is bright white roadster with light blue Z4. I think I'm going to go with bright white roadster and red Z4 on BLUE shirt. [back design]

This one is my favorite...

The Hiraldric eagle is done in royal blue and the Z4 is done in bright copper. I LOVE how the pattern and color of the copper came out. It looks like real freakin' copper! I'm undecided if they go together, but it is a larger design and I think it would make a good back design, I think it's too big to sport on the chest. I say these colors (I might change my mind) on the back of the BLACK shirt.

And since you have the old ZPOST w/ DSC OFF in black I'll put the old design on the chest of your BLUE shirt (so you can switch it up at work).

What do you think? Comments?

Last edited by santov; 08-06-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #142
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ok Bucko521 feast your eyes!

Top design is metallic gunmetal roadster with ZPOST done in bright grey. I don't like how the metalic threads "pucker" so that's out. I think I'm going to go with a white roadster and grey ZPOST on the BLACK shirt. [chest design]

Bottom design is bright white roadster with light blue Z4. I think I'm going to go with bright white roadster and red Z4 on BLUE shirt. [back design]

The Hiraldric eagle is done in royal blue and the Z4 is done in bright copper. I LOVE how the pattern and color of the copper came out. It looks like real freakin' copper! I'm undecided if they go together, but it is a larger design and I think it would make a good back design, I think it's too big to sport on the chest. I say these colors (I might change my mind) on the back of the BLACK shirt.

And since you have the old ZPOST w/ DSC OFF in black I'll put the old design on the chest of your BLUE shirt (so you can switch it up at work).

What do you think? Comments?
The second roadster looks very smooth.. great work. Although I like the ZPost rather than the Z4, as I'd already have the Z4 on the back? --> The bird and copper Z4 look awesome... and would work on the back!

So I take it the back design will be upper centre (between high on shoulder blades) ??

Sure duplicate the same design for the Blue shirt... I am sure this will look awesome as well.

Thank you very much.... I am not sure who is more excited...you for designing and creating these, or me waiting for these!

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #143
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

New & Improved!

Well after thinking about it I decided I wanted to fatten the roadster lines and clean up some of the details. I resized the logo so the ZPOST and Z4 text would be larger.

I'm happy with the extra work! The glare from the camera flash doesn't really do the shirts justice.

White roadster with silver ZPOST

Blue Hiradldric Eagle with Copper Z4

Our original ZPOST (grey) with Orange DSC OFF

White roadster with red Z4

These shirts have two designs, so price jumps from $36 to $40, just to cover the materials for the 2nd design.

Let me know what you guys think!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #144
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Awesome.. Some fabulous work done there!

Can't wait to see them in person.

PM sent!

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #145
ramp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91, Lemans Blue

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
There's not many of us,, a coupe version?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #146
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramp View Post
There's not many of us,, a coupe version?
Coupe version earlier in the thread. Here's a rendering:

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #147
OwensMcoupe
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 M coupe

Yea shirts are good.
Appreciate 0