ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #1211
monkeyknutz
Rep
Drives: 09 135i MT

Hey everyone im new on zpost, im currently looking for a z4m coupe. hopeful i find one soon
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #1212
GrIlLa
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 Roadster

FNG here. The wife unit bought a 09' Black Saphire Z4 Roadster this past weekend. Dropping in to say hello, and learn a thing or two. We have never owned a convertible before. This thing has made me a little jealous, my wife hasn't wiped that grin off of her face for two days now. I do have to say, this little car kicks some serious ass.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1213
rmonte4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster

Been lurking here for the past 2 months while i was searching for A E85 to buy.

Settled on a 2007, Z4 3.0si, Silver, red interior.

Its been a magical 48hrs since ive officially owned it!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #1214
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Welcome to the forum....and remember to post pictures of your car if you have not done already.

This is because

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #1215
sapienti
Rep
Drives: '95 325i, black '07 Z4 coupe

Up and coming - watch out

Hey, folks!

I'm new to the forum and I have been lurking for a while. I finally decided to replace my trusty 325 with something newer. I have been looking for a Z4 for about 2 months now, heeding the words of my local Carmax salesman. "Don't settle" he told me. Most days I am familiar with nearly every Z4 for sale in the country. Anyway, it's exciting for me at the moment, because I think I might have found it. Interestingly enough, it is through Carmax and the same fellow, whom I have not talked to for this whole time I've been looking.

Within the next day or so, I may be the proud owner of a black on black '07 Z4 coupe 3.0si w/ manual, sport and premium packages, 1 owner. If you've been in the market at all for this lately, you know that this is not an easy to find combination. Not impossible, but not that common either. Seems the 3.0si market is flooded with automatics, and I've probably only come across a dozen manual 3.0si in the last 2 months regardless of color or body style.

Stay tuned, if all goes well, I will definitely be posting some pics up soon!

-Dan

Edit 8/30 - I got it! I'm so pleased with it. It was everything I hoped. Pics to come.

Last edited by sapienti; 08-30-2012 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: News
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #1216
shakemyhand
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Hey, if you have a Z4 check in and say hi! And what car do you drive?

Welcome to the site, and if you have any suggestions for the site, pleas feel free to chime in!
Hello Everyone, I just signed up last night and we bought our first BMW 2 days ago, it's a 2007 Z4 Roadster. Really scary for me because we've always owned GM cars. I think I'm going to have to buy a battery for it tommorow it looks like the original one is it. The battery is a BMW white in color. What should I replace it with? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #1217
SF-Z4_3.0si
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i convertible

Newbie Z4 owner - 2006 3.0si

Just wanted to say hello. After a number of weeks of searching and many test drives, I purchased a 2006 Z4 3.0si from a local independent dealer.

The car has more mileage than I wanted, 90K.....but it was a well documented one-owner, at least from the carfax report.
I had the local BMW dealer inspect the car before purchasing. I was told the only fault they found were worn FCA bushings.
The car looks great, but of course there are a number of items it needs, or at least I want.

First thing first is the bushings. Is it recommended that I replace the FCA when changing the bushings? I have been reading numerous postings on this subject. If I do not track the car, and use it as a pleasure car, is it recommended to stick with OEM, swap with Meyle or go to Powerflex?

It was serviced recently, but is there anything, at 90K, I should been looking for? Bearings?....additional bushings?

The tires were just put on before the sale.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Anyone in the Bay Area?.....any Bimmer clubs?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #1218
sapienti
Rep
Drives: '95 325i, black '07 Z4 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-Z4_3.0si View Post
Just wanted to say hello. After a number of weeks of searching and many test drives, I purchased a 2006 Z4 3.0si from a local independent dealer.

The car has more mileage than I wanted, 90K.....but it was a well documented one-owner, at least from the carfax report.
I had the local BMW dealer inspect the car before purchasing. I was told the only fault they found were worn FCA bushings.
The car looks great, but of course there are a number of items it needs, or at least I want.

First thing first is the bushings. Is it recommended that I replace the FCA when changing the bushings? I have been reading numerous postings on this subject. If I do not track the car, and use it as a pleasure car, is it recommended to stick with OEM, swap with Meyle or go to Powerflex?

It was serviced recently, but is there anything, at 90K, I should been looking for? Bearings?....additional bushings?

Nice looking ride! I didn't take mine to a dealer for inspection when i bought it, but your comment about the fca bushings reminded me that I have a set I had purchased for a friends e46 (should be same). I'd say at that mileage - if you are going to have it apart - better go ahead and replace the arms too. I mean they are expensive, but you'd have the piece of mind. I'll probably get the //M arms when I go through mine. Best regards.

--Dan
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #1219
Beech-Z4
Rep
Drives: 2004 Black Z4

Hi all - Great pics and great site!!!

I have had many British cars (MG B's, MG Midget, Austin Healy, Triumph Spitfire, Triumph TR7's). Many over the years starting as a young driver buying them and fixing them up then upgrading. None of them that I have had are as much fun and drive like my Z4!

It is a 2004 Z4 Roadster. Black on Black with the SMG transmission. I love everything about the car and am driving it almost every nice day I can.

It is great to find this site and chat with others that also have Z's and love them as I do. I look forward to reading more and even meeting up at an event one of these days!

Happy motoring!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #1220
Beech-Z4
Rep
Drives: 2004 Black Z4

More Pics

Here are a bunch more pics...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #1221
jrainlay
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Beautiful car!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #1222
NcLovin
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe

New M Coupe Owner

Hi everybody, upgraded my 1.9 Z3 to a 2008 Z4M Coupe about a week ago. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the great information! I am loving the car its awesome.

Where is the owners manual in the coupe? Its probably lost and that's why I cant find it but I am hoping for a slight chance that its sort of hidden.

What mods do you recommend first?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #1223
zBone
Megatron
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcLovin View Post
Hi everybody, upgraded my 1.9 Z3 to a 2008 Z4M Coupe about a week ago. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the great information! I am loving the car its awesome.

Where is the owners manual in the coupe? Its probably lost and that's why I cant find it but I am hoping for a slight chance that its sort of hidden.

I made the same move - from an auto 1.9 Z3 to a 2007 Moupe. Its QUITE a change! Welcome! Any pics of the two cars together?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #1224
Jstic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0i

New Z4 owner

After looking for a year and wanting one for several years, I finally found a 2006 3.0i, monaco blue that I bought a week ago. 42000 miles, paid $18k. Car driven by 60 year old woman from the time it was new, one owner. I actually spoke with her about the car so it wasn't just a sales line. Never owned a Z4 before, but leased a Miata a few years ago. There is no comparison. I keep finding reason to go out, my wife is starting to get suspicious
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #1225
jcnpa
Rep
Drives: 06 red Z4MR

Talking another new owner

While after driving trucks/suv's from many years the time was right to add a little beauty to go next to my beast. Purchased an 06 z4mr that hopefully will be getting a very nice detail which I feel it desperately needed at Bimmerworks in West Chester,PA. Can't send out enough accolades to Steve the owner who in this day and age seems to care more about his clients then his personal well being. I find that to be a rarity. Pics to follow only after she is dolled up for the dance and a few accessories added!

cheers,
jeff~
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #1226
rmonte4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster

update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonte4 View Post
Been lurking here for the past 2 months while i was searching for A E85 to buy.

Settled on a 2007, Z4 3.0si, Silver, red interior.

Its been a magical 48hrs since ive officially owned it!
Update with PICTURES, Lovin it more and more.

The steering wheel spokes paint was all chipped off by the previous owner so I just finished repainting them. It looks better than it was before but i could have done better.

I really want rims as my first big purchase, So now i spend my free time on here looking at different styles/colors/sizes etc. I really like the Deep dish look, but the m6 replicas are real nice too. Im gonna take my time to think about it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  150.9 KB

Name:  image(3).jpg
Views: 368
Size:  195.9 KB

Name:  DSC09195 copy.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  DSC09061.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  143.4 KB

Name:  DSC09085.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  172.5 KB

Name:  DSC09097.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  226.7 KB

Name:  DSC09205.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  DSC09156.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  157.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #1227
bdogge
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

New To The Site

Hello All!! Finally decided to purchase a Z4. Will post some pics as soon as I get a chance to.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1228
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

New to me Z4 MR

Here's my new-to-me Z4 MR. 2007 with 22k miles. Just picked it up yesterday and have already put 200 miles on it. Love the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #1229
TCZ4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Convertible

After a lot of lurking we finally made our purchase a few weeks ago.

A 2006 3.0 Si in Silver Grey Metallic. Sport, Prem, M Seats.

Can't stop wiping the grin off my face. It's "technically" my wife's car, but we'll be "sharing" it of course. This is our 3rd convertible, but the 1st that she's been able to drive since it's the automatic. Last 2 were S2000's (02 and 06).

We're in Orange County, so hope to meet some fellow socal members soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #1230
kuzum44
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Hi im New her and come from Germany Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen.

Im Drive Z4 M Coupe
      09-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #1231
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Wow, quite a few new members and new to you cars! Congratulations all! Don't be shy about jumping in, asking questions, and participating. Yes, I'm sure you've heard this before if you've been on forums, but the "search" feature can be a great tool. We've covered a lot of ground since the E85/E86 model came out, and there are loads of great DIYs, problem solving, and mod threads on the forum already. By all means ask if you have a question though--just know that there's a lot of detailed stuff already out there that may have the answer already, with no waiting involved!

/Start Plug If this is your first sports car, or your first highly powered sports car, I'll make a plug to take a Car Control Clinic with BMWCCA (or any other good outfit, Porsche clubs are fine too). The Z4 has some unique handling characteristics, and, if since you bought a sports car, you probably want to get the most of the car. Why improve your driving and safety all at the same time! Here's a link. Many of us (me included) have taken these courses (two for me), and gone on to AutoX or Track events. But that's not the point--the skills my wife learned at one of these may have saved her life just a couple of days after taking the course. She was able to drive her way out (and around) an accident rather than becoming a statistic. Great way to learn, have fun, and get more from your Z4! /End Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienti View Post
Hey, folks!

I'm new to the forum and I have been lurking for a while. I finally decided to replace my trusty 325 with something newer. I have been looking for a Z4 for about 2 months now, heeding the words of my local Carmax salesman. "Don't settle" he told me. Most days I am familiar with nearly every Z4 for sale in the country. Anyway, it's exciting for me at the moment, because I think I might have found it. Interestingly enough, it is through Carmax and the same fellow, whom I have not talked to for this whole time I've been looking.

Within the next day or so, I may be the proud owner of a black on black '07 Z4 coupe 3.0si w/ manual, sport and premium packages, 1 owner. If you've been in the market at all for this lately, you know that this is not an easy to find combination. Not impossible, but not that common either. Seems the 3.0si market is flooded with automatics, and I've probably only come across a dozen manual 3.0si in the last 2 months regardless of color or body style.

Stay tuned, if all goes well, I will definitely be posting some pics up soon!

-Dan

Edit 8/30 - I got it! I'm so pleased with it. It was everything I hoped. Pics to come.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakemyhand View Post
Hello Everyone, I just signed up last night and we bought our first BMW 2 days ago, it's a 2007 Z4 Roadster. Really scary for me because we've always owned GM cars. I think I'm going to have to buy a battery for it tommorow it looks like the original one is it. The battery is a BMW white in color. What should I replace it with? Thanks.
Think the battery question was answered. Tons of battery threads here that will answer that question, here's one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-Z4_3.0si View Post

Lots of us in the Bay Area. Here are a few of us. Not many of us with that much mileage, but it's a safe bet that bushings, wheel bearings, and few other things may need replacement at that mileage. Check the regional section from time to time for drives and events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech-Z4 View Post
I have had many British cars (MG B's, MG Midget, Austin Healy, Triumph Spitfire, Triumph TR7's). Many over the years starting as a young driver buying them and fixing them up then upgrading. None of them that I have had are as much fun and drive like my Z4!

It is a 2004 Z4 Roadster. Black on Black with the SMG transmission. I love everything about the car and am driving it almost every nice day I can.

It is great to find this site and chat with others that also have Z's and love them as I do. I look forward to reading more and even meeting up at an event one of these days!

Happy motoring!
Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcLovin View Post

That's quite an "upgrade". BMW's website has the supplemental manual. Here is a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstic View Post
After looking for a year and wanting one for several years, I finally found a 2006 3.0i, monaco blue that I bought a week ago. 42000 miles, paid $18k. Car driven by 60 year old woman from the time it was new, one owner. I actually spoke with her about the car so it wasn't just a sales line. Never owned a Z4 before, but leased a Miata a few years ago. There is no comparison. I keep finding reason to go out, my wife is starting to get suspicious
Don't let your wife have the keys. Otherwise she'll be the one going out. But at least you'll know why. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnpa View Post
While after driving trucks/suv's from many years the time was right to add a little beauty to go next to my beast. Purchased an 06 z4mr that hopefully will be getting a very nice detail which I feel it desperately needed at Bimmerworks in West Chester,PA. Can't send out enough accolades to Steve the owner who in this day and age seems to care more about his clients then his personal well being. I find that to be a rarity. Pics to follow only after she is dolled up for the dance and a few accessories added!

cheers,
jeff~
Cool, quite a change, and one you'll enjoy! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonte4 View Post
Update with PICTURES, Lovin it more and more.

The steering wheel spokes paint was all chipped off by the previous owner so I just finished repainting them. It looks better than it was before but i could have done better.

I really want rims as my first big purchase, So now i spend my free time on here looking at different styles/colors/sizes etc. I really like the Deep dish look, but the m6 replicas are real nice too. Im gonna take my time to think about it.
Yes, take your time. Consider wheel weight as a factor. Heavier than stock is generally a handling downgrade. Take a look in the wheels section for the stock offsets and consider those in the decision as well. Think there are some DIYs on the steering wheel work you did--search a bit too as others have had the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke15 View Post
Hello Guys

Brook here from New York. I am new here and just want to join the forum. I think it will be a good experience to share knowledge with all of you.

I drive the 2012 5 Series is a 4-door. The 528i is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 240-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 23-mpg in the city and 34-mpg on the highway. Its really good. Its like a dream car and it is best for long drives. Its comfortable seats have the unique technology. you cannot feel a little tiredness after driving it for a long time like 3 or 4 hours. It is my Best car.

Thanks.
Brooke, this is the forum for Z4s, E85/E86. While you're welcome to participate here, we can't offer any insight into your car. Why not join the 5 series forum which is specific to your model year and model. Here's a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogge View Post
Hello All!! Finally decided to purchase a Z4. Will post some pics as soon as I get a chance to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeoluck View Post
Here's my new-to-me Z4 MR. 2007 with 22k miles. Just picked it up yesterday and have already put 200 miles on it. Love the car.
Nice find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCZ4 View Post
After a lot of lurking we finally made our purchase a few weeks ago.

A 2006 3.0 Si in Silver Grey Metallic. Sport, Prem, M Seats.

Can't stop wiping the grin off my face. It's "technically" my wife's car, but we'll be "sharing" it of course. This is our 3rd convertible, but the 1st that she's been able to drive since it's the automatic. Last 2 were S2000's (02 and 06).

We're in Orange County, so hope to meet some fellow socal members soon.
Enjoy! Good luck getting the keys though buddy! She's going to love driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzum44 View Post
Hi im New her and come from Germany Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen.

Im Drive Z4 M Coupe
Welcome! It's great to have someone from Germany here. While we're mainly Americans and Canadians, we have folks from all over the world here, and it's nice to have more represented!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #1232
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 s3.0i 6MT

Greetings from Stuart, Florida

Just purchased a beautiful 2003 Maldives Blue, 3.0 Z4, 6speed, sport package, Z4. 46,000miles and kept very nicely.

Had it serviced at the dealer and was told it was all up to date on the maintenance schedule, but might soon be in for a valve cover gasket replacement and some front underbody shielding repair/replacement.

Spectacular enjoyment of riding in a roadster again. At 63 y.o. I can still remember as a 14-15 y.o. watching with envy as an older guy drove his Lotus Elan out of the neighborhood, and another guy with a beater XK150.

Love this car.
Appreciate 0