ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Passed my yearly inspection last night. :)

So I took my car to its first yearly inspection since I bought it and started modding it. I know the car is now tip top, but the racing pipes worried me a little, as it's a straight through system. I stood there and watched as the guy stuck the wand in the back of the tail pipe, he then looked at me and just smiled. Gave me a thumb ups and then the car proceeded to the lift. I was pretty happy as I would have hated to every year swap the stock pipes back on just for the yearly inspection.

I had a chat with the guy doing the inspection and he laughed after it came down from the lift saying he could not believe this was a 07 car. I always keep my stuff spotless, and I bet that helps, but he was very impressed with my car.

He also said that he loves the new suspension setup and everything was very tight.

Very happy that the pipes gave me no dramas.

Gotta love it!
      03-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

Glad it worked out for you. Will have the same challenge in a few months. Like going to the dentist.
      03-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkurie View Post
Glad it worked out for you. Will have the same challenge in a few months. Like going to the dentist.
Somehow I suspect that the guy you go to in CA will be slightly more discerning than the guy Vanne went to in Dubai when it comes to emissions Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Great news Vanne!! Up here in Canada, I don't have to do this at all. Of course, I keep all my cars in first rate condition anyway, but other folks, not so much. You can see some real junk heaps driving around some times.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Despite the fact that my car's emissions system is 100% stock, here in the state of FL they did away with inspections many years ago; my guess is that the system was so corrupted, based on what was always circulating on the streets, that they eliminated them.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
M_Rated
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4MC  [10.00]
Up until December of this year vehicles from 2007 and older have to get what's called aircare (cash grab) in B.C. So I went today, at lunch, for the first time, and it's all hooked up to the car's computer. I decided to bring my lunch with me and while he hooked everything up I started eating my sandwich in the waiting booth.

He was back in 30 seconds, and said, "all done." I asked him if I could just finish my sandwich in the booth since there was no one waiting in line behind me. He looked at me and said, "No eating policy for the car right?" "I like your style and the car's an easy pass, but before you go, tell me what this thing is, because it doesn't look like any Z4 I've seen before."

First day back on the road today after a long winter. Couldn't get better.
Appreciate 0