ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Open track day at Gingerman Raceway (April 7th-8th)

Myself and a few others will be attending...would love to see some fellow zposters there!

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/even...rack-weekend-8
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

I have not run at Gingerman since my superbike racing days. I would love to attend, what are their rules for roadsters? A few other tracks/groups allow them as long as your helmet sits lower than the top of the factory roll bar hoop. The linkto their site says please read our rules before registering but I could not see the rules anywhere on the site?????
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
I have not run at Gingerman since my superbike racing days. I would love to attend, what are their rules for roadsters? A few other tracks/groups allow them as long as your helmet sits lower than the top of the factory roll bar hoop. The linkto their site says please read our rules before registering but I could not see the rules anywhere on the site?????
The added a track extension in 2010 and made it so much more enjoyable. You may need to give them a call regarding roadsters; I've been out there on a few open track days with open top vehicles without roll bars so I doubt it would be a problem.

Would love to see you out there if you can make it!

link to the rules and regs: http://www.gingermanraceway.com/trac...nd-regulations
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal_m View Post
The added a track extension in 2010 and made it so much more enjoyable. You may need to give them a call regarding roadsters; I've been out there on a few open track days with open top vehicles without roll bars so I doubt it would be a problem.

Would love to see you out there if you can make it!

link to the rules and regs: http://www.gingermanraceway.com/trac...nd-regulations
Thanks, I don't see anything on there regarding convertibles, I will have to give them a call this morning. A few years ago convertibles with rollbars were welcomed everywhere but the past year or two tracks and clubs have been not allowing them, even teh BMW Car Club of America does not allow convertibles or roadsters at their events anymore....as if an 335 or 135 with a moonroof and no roll cage is any safer , given the choice I would rather end up upside down in my steel roll bar equipted Z4 Roadster than in a 335 with no roll over protect except a thin layer of sheet metal.... but then again I was a motorcycle racer and I hit the pavement at over 100mph(130mph once) on more than one occasion so I feel safe in any car with 4 walls around me.
Appreciate 0