ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
SilentNight
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
I'm sorry to hear you’re still having issues. You say the closest dealership is 45 mins away but how far away is the next closest? Sounds like the 45min away one is incompetent and shouldn't be dealt with further. I'd suggest trying another dealership.

This is the point where I would start contacting BMWNA politely. Don't attack BMWNA when you are mad at a particular dealer for bad work. This may make them defensive and less likely to work with you. Point out to them what you stated to us about how disappointing it is to own your BMW, that you can't enjoy it. Also tell them how you've been forced to put excessive miles on the car attempting to have this issue fixed. Ask them if there are alternative options they can provide you such as having the car transported on trailer to a known reputable dealer that has experience with convertible repair. Good luck!
thanks for the advice. I just made an appointment to have the car looked at again this coming Friday. I guess I'll drive it back up, have them take a look at it (and "fix" it again) then sell it, either to that dealership or put it up on Auto Trader. In the meantime, I'm going to call BMWNA and let them know what's going on. Hopefully they have some sort of a policy on CPO cars that continue to have a certain issues that are not getting resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Have a look at this thread. Speaking to BMWNA may not be the best thing to do. Look at post 8 and onward--Rclem05 has some very good information.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389527
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #25
SilentNight
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Have a look at this thread. Speaking to BMWNA may not be the best thing to do. Look at post 8 and onward--Rclem05 has some very good information.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389527

at least the car is CPO. I would have been PISSED had it not been in warranty and all this crap would continue to happen. Makes me wish I would have bought a 2008 Corvette coupe from a dealership that is all of 5 minutes away from me.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #26
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Anyway you slice it it stinks beyond belief. I hope this gets resolved. Things like this are brand killers and you'd think BMW would do better here.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #27
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

You could park it in front of the dealership with a big sign in the front window that says (keep it to the facts only):

THIS DEALERSHIP HAS FAILED TO FIX MY CAR UNDER ITS BMW WARRANTY FOR 12 MONTHS NOW.

Methinks your roof will be fixed before the weekend.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #28
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I think you are in Ohio.

Does Ohio have a State ombudsman who looks after issues with automobiles such as this? Is there an effective third party consumer group you could engage?

Lastly, if all else fails, would a lawyer write you a letter for a reasonable price? As I see it, when you buy a car with warranty, you have a contractual relationship with BMW. You paid extra because the car had warranty. In return, BMW's obligation under the warranty contract is to provide effective and timely repair under the warranty. If they are not doing that repair, or are not doing it in an effective and timely manner (as is the case here), they are in breach of the warranty contract.

Let's face it guys, this is a CPO Z4M Roadster - it is THE top of the Z4 line. BMW must do better here.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #29
SilentNight
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
I think you are in Ohio.

Does Ohio have a State ombudsman who looks after issues with automobiles such as this? Is there an effective third party consumer group you could engage?

Lastly, if all else fails, would a lawyer write you a letter for a reasonable price? As I see it, when you buy a car with warranty, you have a contractual relationship with BMW. You paid extra because the car had warranty. In return, BMW's obligation under the warranty contract is to provide effective and timely repair under the warranty. If they are not doing that repair, or are not doing it in an effective and timely manner (as is the case here), they are in breach of the warranty contract.

Let's face it guys, this is a CPO Z4M Roadster - it is THE top of the Z4 line. BMW must do better here.
well said. The car is now in the shop and they say that there is some tubing that is where the leak is coming from that is draining all the fluid that makes the top go up and down. You would think they would have found this the last time the car was in for this very reason, the fluid for the convertible top draining. This is after they replaced the motor for the convertible as well due to water ruining it while it was at the dealership in South Carolina. Right now the convertible top on my car doesn't even function.

Regardless, they have ordered the correct parts to fix it but I will not have the car back for a week. Also, now there is a loud chirping noise coming from the drivers side of the car. The last time the car was in for the top I told them about it and they said they would clean out the wheel wells as they thought something might be stuck in there. It didn't fix it and now it is getting louder. I cannot tell if it's from the front tire or the rear. It literally sounds like a bird chirping constantly. I can even hear it while driving on the highway. The dealership took the car for a spin and they heard it as well (thank God) so they need to fix that as well although at this time they don't know what the exact problem is.

I talked to the dealership about just buying this Z4 M off of me and they said the best they could do was $25,000. I paid $33,400 for it a year ago and it is fully loaded and now only has 7,800 miles on it. Guess I'll be keeping it. The amount of gas I have had to use driving this car back and forth to the dealership not to mention the miles I put on driving back and forth is ridiculous.

I have seriously NEVER had a vehicle give me this many problems in my life. Wait, I take that back, my old 1994 V-6 Camero gave me about as many problems. Pathetic. I would dare to wager a bet that no one with a 2006 to 2008 Z4M has had as many bullshit problems as I have had other than maybe wrecking their car.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #30
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

^Hang in there bro and best wishes they get all right for you. Hopefully they will and put a smile on your face.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #31
SilentNight
Private
Rep

I thought I would update everyone on the status of my ///M Roadster. It was back in the shop from Friday, June 11th to Wednesday, June 23rd. Keep in mind this is the fifth time it has been in the shop for one reason or another in the past year. This time was for, yet again, the faulty convertible top as well as a chirping sound coming from the drivers side front tire.

I had contacted BMW NA and they sent out the technician foreman for this area to inspect the car. He made the dealership put new brake pads and rotors on the front of the car as well as fix the convertible top again.

The day I got it back I immediately inspected the car and saw that I was missing a tire valve cap for the rear passenger side rim as well as a small plastic piece that covers a screw right underneath the shift beside that little leather pad that sticks out.

So, the service department is going to order those pieces and send them out to me. While this is a minor thing, it still is a pain in the ass and shouldn't have happened. Someday hopefully this will all be behind me and I can enjoy the car, problem free. At least for a little while. Thank God this car was CPOed.
Appreciate 0