ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #45
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Shipkiller...pretty sure you mean Wolfgang products. That's what I use...swirl remover, per wax, then sealant. I use Ricardo clay as well.

I am wondering about waxing after sealing though. I know you can layer the sealer coats but have never tried wax afterwards.

Anyone else done wax after Wolfgang sealer?

Anyone else switched from Wolfgang to something like Klasse? Thought about trying that next year.
I use Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant. Layering sealer coats is kinda a PITA, and never works out well. Sealant can't really bond to itself very well, so you usually end up with wasted effort.

I always top my sealant with wax. It adds the best of both worlds, protection and depth.

Apply the sealant, let it dry for a hour. Remove it and let it cure for 24 hours then you can go at it with wax.

Wolfgang is butter compared to Klasse. Klasse is a PITA to remove if you apply too much, which you probably already know of. Wolfgang comes off so easy. You can take your finger and wipe it off. Do it.

I use Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant, topped with Dodo Juice Hard Candy then Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub.

(Ignore the headlight washer cover, it's been replaced)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
$200 jar of wax.
It's a hobby, it's money well spent. I bet you've done the same with similar items somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #46
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Another satisfied Zaino customer here. I've tried countless products, but I love the durability of Zaino. I don't show my cars, so the ultimate "depth", etc., is not important to me.

As far as professional detailers vs. home application, I've taken a hybrid approach. I used to do all my own detailing because I didn't have a detailer I trusted. Now I finally have found a trusted detailer. Since my time is limited, I have the detailer perform a full detail on my cars yearly (with products I specify) and then I throw a few coats of Zaino on every 3 months and condition the leather every 4 months. Works well for me.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0