ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

Indy shop reset service indicator

When I took my car out of storage I brought it over to an indy shop in the area for an oil change. I was going to do it myself but I needed an alignment anyway so I figured I'd have them do it while I was there.

I had asked them NOT to reset the service indicator because I was about 4000 miles from Inspection I. I didn't even think to look when I drove off, but a few days after I got home I noticed the indicator now said "Inspection 15xxx miles".

I called up a BMW dealership this morning and asked them if they would be able to back the service indicator to what it was before it was reset, and they told me that it's not possible. Is this true? I don't know if I should bother to get back in touch with the indy shop I had this done.

My warranty is up at the end of the year so I was hoping to take it in for Inspection I before I put it away for storage again in November or December. The dealership indicated that it might be possible to push the claim through based on mileage. Has anyone else had experience with this?

My car was originally delivered in 12/2007 and it's has had 3 oil services at the dealer since then. The 1,200 mile one in 2008, at 11,675 mi in 2009, and then another at 15,697 in 2010. My car currently has around 19.5K miles. I believe the service indicator was reset at the 11,675 change so I was due to get Inspection I around 24K.
Appreciate 0