ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Prodigy_1978
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.2

What has happened now!

Right....

3 weeks ago I had three lights on the dash, Brake warning pad light, DSC and ABS warning light on. After a scan a faulty ABS/WHEEL sensor showed up. Bought a new BMW sensor and cleaned the other just in case all fine. 3 week late I receive 2 lights on the dash brake warning light as well as DSC light.

They are constantly on. I have taken the car to a local garage and no fault code can be found? I have also some brake squeal so could a faulty brake disc be the problem? the pads have been checked and they are fine?

Last edited by Prodigy_1978; 04-04-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

It is my understanding that brake squeal is more common amongst newer Bimmers. Something to do with the pad composition being a trade between performance and longevity. Mine squeal intermittently when it's < 50 out. Kinda annoying, but I'll swap the pads out w/ some Hawks once my warranty is up.
      04-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Prodigy_1978
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks Bosstones. Strange thing today. I had a bulb failure light on the dash on the way to work. Turned the car off and restated the car and all the lights are off? As I have only driven a short distance the handbrake light and DSC light will probably com eback on, but strange I received a bulb failure light? Could i have a battery problem? There is a green light on th ebatter so all looks good to me?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Sure. Not saying that's your answer; just saying. I got that from one of the techs I drove out in my car trying to get an intermittent problem to happen. I mentioned the cool weather brake squeal and that's what he said. I've gotten that answer from several people know (different locations).

Bulb as in headlamp/turnsignal/brake light/etc... bulb? Are they all working? Perhaps one is intermittent?
      04-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Prodigy_1978
Enlisted Member
Rep

I believe the bulb failure warning light on the dash relates to a brake light. (My brake light bulb blew a few months ago and I did replace the bulb, but perhaps the current bulb is not up to spec). Strange that once this yellow light popped up along with the yellow dsc and handbrake warning light (which have been on constantly), once the car dad been restarted all the lights have switched off??? My guess is they will probably re appear but is this related to a faulty wheel sensor perhaps? I have read comments on the web relating to a faulty steering sensor, however no code has shown up from my local mechanic (all be it his diagnostics may not be top notch, however he recently picked up the faulty rear wheel sensor, which has been replace since).
Appreciate 0