ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #111
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

if i get another one, i gotta remember to ask to have my username put on there!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #112
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
Could we mail you Shirts/Jackets and you do the work. Figure it will be a lot easier on you not having to go to Costco and me not knowing how the sizes run on me
I'm not to hip on working on other people's shirts. But if you're willing to risk a mechanical melt down, which isn't likely, but does happen I'll embroider on your shirt. I'll have to charge a little more if it's something thicker to cover needle expensies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
if i get another one, i gotta remember to ask to have my username put on there!
Why didn't you tell me? Send me the first one back and I'll put it on for free! I'll even use blood red.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #113
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Got mine in the mail last night! I will take pics soon and post them up, just been busy!

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #114
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Mine also arrived last night. Looks Great! Quality work and a class act in all aspects.
      04-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #115
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
ah damn did i miss out on this?
      04-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #116
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Got mine in the mail last night! I will take pics soon and post them up, just been busy!
Looking forward to pics. I want to see the fit and placement of the stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompatible View Post
Mine also arrived last night. Looks Great! Quality work and a class act in all aspects.
Glad you like it! Thanks for the positive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
ah damn did i miss out on this?
Not too late. Costco still has all men's sizes available. I can ship by Friday or. IM me for paypal info.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #117
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post

Why didn't you tell me? Send me the first one back and I'll put it on for free! I'll even use blood red.
ahh, just didnt think of it till i sent the payment. and the blood red would go perfectly with it! i will be home in a couple weeks, i'll contact you then!

My parents back home have been collecting my mail while im overseas, and they showed me it via skype, and it looks great! thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #118
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

My shirt arrived. WOW....this is fantastic work and the detail is off the map!

Thanks for the hard work on this...

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #119
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Santov.........I've been watching in anticipation. Love what your doing.

If I find a cool Dickies work shirt....could you possibly do the Z-post on the back 8" long and the the Z4 shape with my name 'Vinny' inside it ?

On the opposite chest...a smaller Z4 shape with DTC off inside it ?

What would something like this cost ?

Cheers,Vinny
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #120
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
My shirt arrived. WOW....this is fantastic work and the detail is off the map!

Thanks for the hard work on this...
Glad you like it! Now take some pics with you wearing it in front of some nice Canadian scenery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
Santov.........I've been watching in anticipation. Love what your doing.

If I find a cool Dickies work shirt....could you possibly do the Z-post on the back 8" long and the the Z4 shape with my name 'Vinny' inside it ?

On the opposite chest...a smaller Z4 shape with DTC off inside it ?

What would something like this cost ?
Cheers,Vinny
My machine can only go to 7" wide, after that I have to reposition the shirt. I can do it if there are two separate designs, but to continue EXACTLY where I left off is next to impossible.

If you shrink to 7" with Vinny underneath (similar to what I did for Nikki) it should look nice on the back. I can make the Vinny as large as 7", but it might look to bold, so maybe a smaller Vinny?

Chest with DTC OFF on the front with another Vinny underneath is easy.

You send me the shirt +$30 for embroidery + shipping- If I can fit the shirt into the small USPS flat rate box it will be $5.90, if it needs to go into the medium flat rate it will be $10.95.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #121
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Got mine too.....
These are fantastic, thanks so much!!!
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #122
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Cool...I'll start looking for a shirt when I get back from Cabo on the 27th !

Thanks !

Quote:
Glad you like it! Now take some pics with you wearing it in front of some nice Canadian scenery!

My machine can only go to 7" wide, after that I have to reposition the shirt. I can do it if there are two separate designs, but to continue EXACTLY where I left off is next to impossible.

If you shrink to 7" with Vinny underneath (similar to what I did for Nikki) it should look nice on the back. I can make the Vinny as large as 7", but it might look to bold, so maybe a smaller Vinny?

Chest with DTC OFF on the front with another Vinny underneath is easy.

You send me the shirt +$30 for embroidery + shipping- If I can fit the shirt into the small USPS flat rate box it will be $5.90, if it needs to go into the medium flat rate it will be $10.95.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #123
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
to Bucko521
Um...ya....where I live...you can see your dog run away for three days...

Although...we do have the worlds largest urban park...yes, even bigger than NY Central Park.

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #124
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I've also spent some time rendering the graphics that Nikki gave me.

First, I've optimized the stitching for the letters and red swoosh for a couple reasons: 1) make the stitches stronger and less likely to break, 2) make them visually denser and 3) tighter stitching allows for cooler options when using specialty threads.

Here's the underlying stitch pattern (the zig zag underneath) of the letters. The foundation threads provide a "loop" that the top stitches attach too.

Rendering of coupe:

Input please!
Hey....still love my black polo I got from you.

Any chance you are making one with the above design as well, but in a vert??

Either that...I'd be willing to get at least 1-2 more polo's in different colours.

Let me know... PM me if you want....thanks.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #125
DataStream18
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 ESS TS1 Z4

Garage List
What about something for the force inducted (not sure if that's said right) guys? Like twin screwed!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #126
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
And this one could be used for the vert lovers:

Yes, a bit more like this on some other shirts or jackets!!

Minus the clubz4 logo of course

Santov? Any other options?

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #127
PrinceMiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0i

Instead of club z4, what do you guys think of this design for the vert shirt (that rhymed )?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #128
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm glad you guys like the shirts!! Stay tuned. When I get home I'm going to bomb this place with samples of what I've been doing lately. That logo looks easy, I'll have to fatten the lines. 'Bout time somebody gave me a vert graphic. I refuse to wear a coupe logo when I have a roadster. I'm on my phone now, about an hour till I get home.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #129
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Nikki still owes me pics for the sweater I made her. I wish I knew another Nikki that would appreciate the jacket.. or at least gave me some zpost stickers.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #130
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi guys and gals!

Sorry last night was hectic. I got home and my preggers wife needed some help with dinner and cleaning, yada yada. I was pretty tired and crashed right after.

I've been wearing my ZPOST polo alot. My wife actually teased me about it. Partially because I'm proud I made it, also because I like the look.

So I did a CK polo and sweater for my sister and brother in law who own a helicoptor touring business. My sister in law was at Starbucks the very next morning and somebody tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she was an employee. She said she was and they got a couple customers out of it! Same thing happened a couple days later! People really dig the shirts and sweaters.

I just finished 40 shirts for detailers AutoLavish in MI. I first did some CK polos for the owner and his employees, then did a ton of shirts as "Thank You" gifts for their customers. Check them out here

Jacob (owner) and I got to chatting about if it's a simple logo it looks clubbish, and if it's text only it looks "homemade". I was at Macy's a few weeks ago and saw a nice button down short sleeve that had a floral design starting at the top of the chest went down about midway. Of course I was looking at the design to see how intricate the embroidery was and it was a rather simple repeating patern. But the shirt was $120!!! The shirt was prob about $20 and embroidery about $10 (even cheaper with slave labor rates), so there is def a upcharge for making something kinda unique. Anyways, I was asking Jacob for the next batch of gift polos we could do something like this:

Using vibrant colors looks awesome!

Now for us I love the CK polos I made. But Costco hasn't added any new colors, and the black and silver are running low (I couldn't find XXL). I found these shirts and while they have limited colors the quality of the material is amazing, esp for the price. It's not a modern stretchy material like the CK polos were, but I like them better.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/operator-tactical-polo.html

I took that roadster logo and simplified it to be closer to the coupe logo we were using:

And if you like some Heraldric designs I have more then a few.

If you guys are open to tshirts, the price of the tshirts comes is considerably cheaper, and if I can dress them up with some dragons and cars they'll look pretty nice. Between work and making shirts for AutoLavish, I haven't had time to play. A couple nights ago I bought a few differnt colored tshirts so I could develop my own.

Keep the ideas coming. I love how creative our group gets. I did post an ad on the other forums and the 3 series guys were assholes. Let's make them jealous.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #131
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Nikki still owes me pics for the sweater I made her. I wish I knew another Nikki that would appreciate the jacket.. or at least gave me some zpost stickers.
HAHA sorry. I will get some, been hectic and then I totally forgot. I can send you stickers though, PM me your address.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #132
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceMiro View Post
Instead of club z4, what do you guys think of this design for the vert shirt (that rhymed )?
I like!!

Appreciate 0