ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
DWG
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

2006 Z-4M Dash Issue

Sent my Z M in to the dealer to get the auto light sensor adjusted and it came back with a slight (inch and a half) separation in the dash material over the front edge of the passenger airbag. My guess is they might have been elbowing it when they pulled off the sensor cover behind the RVM. Dealer said it's where the airbag door comes open and is a natural seam in the material , jsut well hidden - SM also said he hadn't seen one do this but, would fix it. (car is slightly out of warrenty). Question to all is is this is a common flaw, am I too picky and can it be fixed? - I assume they might glue it since that woulld be cheapest, or since gluing it may be a safety issue they indicted they would/might replace the overall dash cover. Same bunch wiped a bunch of ice/snow off the rear windowtruck deck and cut a 6 inch scrape in the paint between the trunck and rear window. They left outside overnight.

Thoughts, Dave G.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Pics? Either way, I don't think it's normal, and it's honorable of them to fix it (since they probably caused it). That said, it's really up to you to decide if the risk of more screw-ups is worth it to fix this problem. Depending on how bad it is, I might say screw it--not worth the risk.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
DWG
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

I'll try a pic, but it just looks like a 1" razor blase cut parallel to the wind shield, but the front side is raised so you can see it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

That would drive me crazy. Every time you wipe the dash the rag is going to catch the edge and it will certainly get worse in hot weather. Get it fixed while it will be free. I bet a new dash is serious coin.
Appreciate 0