ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Closed Thread

05-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #133
ovrkll
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue Z4M

Do a search for "launch mode" over on the 'fest or fanatics forums. If I remember correctly, it is only on cars that have the Steptronic system. Your M Coupe does not have it. From running the local drag strip last Friday, DSC off, Sport Mode on, give it some gas, drop the clutch and hang on!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #134
sixspeed
Z4M CSL
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpine White Z4M Coupe

Yeah, was going to say - the only time I've heard "launch" mode mentioned, in relation to ///M cars, is on things like the CSL, or M3's with SMG....

A manual Z4M's launch mode just involves some spirited revs, and clutch-abuse
      05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #135
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Sounds about right...i guess the dealer didn't know what he was talking about. I usually leave sport mode off, noone has tried to race me yet. Except the mustang that was behind me...and then...well he wasn't behind me anymore...not that I could see anyway
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #136
ovrkll
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue Z4M

My mistake, I should have said SMG equipped. Did a quick search over on the fanatics site and that confirmed what I posted.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 10:38 PM   #137
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster, Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown8 View Post
Bluesharp, during your tour and watching them put the cars together, any clue as to why there are so many rattles and paint problems with our beloved Zeds?
Well, we had to watch from behind this yellow line, but I did notice that most of the car and all welds and mechanical assembly was done by robots (very impressive to watch), and humans were only there to feed the parts to the machine... EXCEPT for stuff like dash board panels and trimwork. THAT stuff had real live "associates" (human beings) doing doing the installation. Sinse that's also where most any rattles would form, my guess is it's those pesky HUMANS!!!

Supporting evidence from my own experience would be that the only rattles I've had yet turned out to be my own loose change and stuff. My solution would be to not let any humans near your car. They're nothing but trouble.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #138
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

The Blueridge Parkway is now officially my vote for the greatest drive in the world. In-freaking-credible. I'm about half way up it so far, without yet encountering even a short stretch that was twisty-free, and should emerge form the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia tomorrow afternoon, and start working my way westward-ho.

I'm spending tonight in a town called Blowing Rock, North Carolina. (Yes... "Blowing Rock"... not a typo.) I had a dinner of Barbecue and Hushpuppies. Mmm MMm.. good. The people I've met have all been off-the-charts nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #139
AlanL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix Sports Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesharp View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

The Blueridge Parkway is now officially my vote for the greatest drive in the world. In-freaking-credible. I'm about half way up it so far, without yet encountering even a short stretch that was twisty-free, and should emerge form the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia tomorrow afternoon, and start working my way westward-ho.
Definitely sounds like my kind of roadway - I am jealous :rocks:
      05-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #140
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Hey, Bluesie, my friend... you should start your own thread and blog it whenever you can. We're all waiting for some nice pics of your journey!
      05-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #141
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

I would love to have my rocks blown too.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #142
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
I would love to have my rocks blown too.
Nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #143
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
Hey, Bluesie, my friend... you should start your own thread and blog it whenever you can. We're all waiting for some nice pics of your journey!
Here's a pic from from yesterday. When I have more time, I'll prolly put together something like a photo journal.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #144
baugelli
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 328i Sedan

WLHarmon just forwarded this to me from Zroadster.net. Looks like a new and improved version will be back sometime in the near future.

Hi All,

The good news is z4um will be back.

I am afraid we don't know how long it will take as it will depend on the problems we find.
However we plan to also upgrade the software and generally tidy up the forum as well before we bring it back on line.

I will post an update when we have investigated the fault on the server.

Amir's sister- in-law is making progress but it is slow and a full recovery doubtful.

Monadh
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #145
Ski
Hockey freak
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmer's

Quote:
Originally Posted by baugelli View Post
WLHarmon just forwarded this to me from Zroadster.net. Looks like a new and improved version will be back sometime in the near future.

Hi All,

I am afraid we don't know how long it will take as it will depend on the problems we find.
However we plan to also upgrade the software and generally tidy up the forum as well before we bring it back on line.

Amir's sister- in-law is making progress but it is slow and a full recovery doubtful.

Monadh
Thanks..

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #146
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

It is good to hear that she is getting the help she needs. Our best wishes go their way.

Thank you for the other pieces of information as well.
      05-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #147
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Bluesharp, you should submit that photo to the next photo competition....oh yeah....when's that gonna be?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #148
20Ducks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 335i w/M pkge

Quote:
Originally Posted by baugelli View Post

Hi All,

Monadh
Thanks for getting back on topic.

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it. The clock is ticking.

back by popular demand...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #149
Yal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 2.5 Maldives Blue

As someone who has run a forum, although not as popular as Z4um, that they were no longer interested in, I would not be surprised if this was used as an excuse to just shut it down and leave.

Isn't Z4ce driving an Audi TT now?
      05-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #150
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yal View Post
As someone who has run a forum, although not as popular as Z4um, that they were no longer interested in, I would not be surprised if this was used as an excuse to just shut it down and leave.

Isn't Z4ce driving an Audi TT now?
I dont even see what the dedication to that place was, I remeber having a few issues and trying to contact z4ce about it and never got any help or replies, that was the most detached staff for a forum i've ever seen. zpost and zroadster are run a whole lot better!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #151
Yal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 2.5 Maldives Blue

I was there due to some of the regulars. A lot of them are here now. It's really the membership that can make even a mediocre forum worth visiting.
      05-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #152
JackB1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Black/Black

Hello all-

Another Z4UM orpan here!

I was reading and sometimes posting on other forums but since Z4UM went down I have just been all over the place. Glad when it is back but also miss the archives - lots of valuable DIY. I have been looking in on this forum for a few months. This seems to be a good site but even better with the new experienced posters.

Hi 20Ducks and PhilZ4 ! Two weeks from Saturday June 9th and we will be registered for Homecoming! This will be my 4th! a long time until Labor day though. Looks like Georgia is organizing something! That's not too far from North Florida. Afterall, it's the drive getting there!

Hardtop prep and install complete on 05 3.0 done and enjoying it. Came in real handy when the smoke was blowing down to Gainesville. Hope my Z4UM DIY post on it survives!

Wife and I did a 635 mile drive last weekend. Hwy 98 west with stops in St. George, Apalatchicola, Port St. Joe,and Mexico Beach. Then north to Quincy, east thru Tallahassee (Gator tag was not popular), Montecillo then home. Lots of pictures and seat time! Heaven!

That's all for now!
Jack
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #153
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Welcome home, JackB1! Lets see some nice pics of your ZZzzzzs here!
      05-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #154
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Quote:
Bluesharp, you should submit that photo to the next photo competition....oh yeah....when's that gonna be?
Shoot, I'm still wondering who's gonna win that Z photo! Remember that? Was going to be decided at the end of May.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread