ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #23
donoman
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i 5MT

Beijing or Manila is the worst driving I've ever seen.

I definitely think the worst drivers in the US are in the Bay Area, particularly the East Bay. Overconfidence mixed with lack of ability and a car that is barely street legal is a bad combination.
1983 Wife
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #24
dcun201
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Every major city will have their batch of bad drivers. You'll see all of them come out during rush hour. The thing that makes my blood boil is when people drive slow on the fast lane.. Please pull over to the right lane if you are going below speed limit. There are signs that says "Slower traffic keep right", it's there for a reason.

Other annoying thing driver do is cut you off and drive at the same speed as the car that was in front of them. At least drive a little faster. Don't just switch lane just because the lane is free up ahead and then slow everyone down in the process. /rantover
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #25
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcun201 View Post
... when people drive slow on the fast lane...
I want to make a sign to put up that says "GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE" in mirrored lettering.

I run into this every single day.
      08-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #26
funkle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
I want to make a sign to put up that says "GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE" in mirrored lettering.

It's annoying, and it forces other drivers to make dangerous moves. My favorite is when I see someone who just got onto the highway go straight over to the left lane even though the other lanes are clear. Boneheads. A couple weeks ago there was some lady holding up the left lane for an eternity. When I finally got around her I was so fired up that I decided to give her a taste of her own medicine, so I got in front of her and slowed down to about 50. Seeing her reaction was was priceless. She was totally pissed, and completely puzzled as to why I did what I did.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #27
zgood4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post

^This in Atlanta makes me rage.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #28
Lance_Goodthrust
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Gran Coupe

My favorite bumper sticker:

"If I Passed You On The Right, You're In The Wrong Lane!"
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #29
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Los Angeles >> Everyone drives = greater chance of running into a bad apple
      08-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #30
dcun201
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Goodthrust View Post

LOL that's an awesome quote for a bumper sticker!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #31
Jstic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Goodthrust View Post

The scariest part of this is the number of drivers on the road who have absolutely NO clue that the left lane is a passing lane, the center is travel lane and right lane is slow lane. There are far too many drivers that have ZERO knowledge of the rules of the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
funkle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe

Lots of people running 4-way stops here. I get there first & come to a complete stop, they see I'm stopped and blow right through. Seems like busses are the biggest culprit.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #33
RADRACR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4 M Coupé // '09 X5 d

I want to take a different angle: What defines a bad driver? Aggressive driving, or actual collisions?

In Bangkok, I feared for my life in taxis and wondered every day how there aren't more collisions. The way they drive there is no contest to any city in the US. It did not seem like there were more collisions there, though.

So does that mean they're bad drivers? Or are they actually really good drivers?

I define a bad driver as someone who drives literally bad and causes collisions. By this definition, I rate Boise, Idaho as the worst city. I've lived in larger cities such as Minneapolis, Seattle, and the Bay Area. The driving is more aggressive in these cities, but Boise is just flat out bad driving and I've had more near-hits there than any other city.
'08 Z4 ///M Coupé (#1765/1815) — 1 of 68 Sepang Bronze / Black Nappa / Madeira Wood / 1 of 1 this combo
19" Advan RS / AP Racing / Bridgestone RE-11 / Autosolutions SSK / R.E. Diablo / R.E. trans mounts
'09 X5 35dSpace Grey / Saddle Brown
20" Forgestar F14 / SCR Delete
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #34
dcun201
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticstorm View Post
I want to take a different angle: What defines a bad driver? Aggressive driving, or actual collisions?

In Bangkok, I feared for my life in taxis and wondered every day how there aren't more collisions. The way they drive there is no contest to any city in the US. It did not seem like there were more collisions there, though.

So does that mean they're bad drivers? Or are they actually really good drivers?

I define a bad driver as someone who drives literally bad and causes collisions. By this definition, I rate Boise, Idaho as the worst city. I've lived in larger cities such as Minneapolis, Seattle, and the Bay Area. The driving is more aggressive in these cities, but Boise is just flat out bad driving and I've had more near-hits there than any other city.
I understand your points. There are many definitions for bad drivers. Here are a few examples:

1. Drivers that are weaving in traffic cutting cars off. (That's reckless driving which equates to bad driver)
2. Slow drivers can cause accident, if they are going 55 mph on the freeway and you are cruising at 70 on the fast lane. All of a sudden they just switch to your lane and you are forced to break check the person behind you. You can just imagine what can come after that. You are praying you stopped in time and the person behind you can stop also.

Bad drivers comes in all types. In a perfect world everyone should drive smart and safe but of course the world is not perfect.. Le sigh..
Appreciate 0