ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
sinbad4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
So vexed..

Weather still a bit chill, but drove car to work yesterday for first time. Parked in ramp (large retail company, large private ramp). Took extra care parking.. backed and parked slightly closer to car on passenger side (thinking passenger door to passenger unlikely here).

Came out after work. DING. Flipping dinged. No note. Prolly one of the few with child in daycare (in office).

Ding is on fender right above wheel. Very noticeable. Should be easy to pull - as fairly accessible. Extremely vexing when people ding and run (or ding at all). First day. WTF.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Bummer, man. Still got to enjoy a day out with the car, though, and hopefully your local PDR guy will fix it for $50-60. Good luck!
      04-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
silverfishZ4M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I feel your pain. I can't drive any nice car to work either because I work downtown with only a public lot. Every time I drove the nice car something would happen to it, so now I have a beater just for driving to work. Z4 is only for weekends and unfortunately it rarely gets driven because of that. I've only put about 3k on it in 7 months.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

After preventative steps too.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
3point0
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
ouch, feel your pain man

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfishZ4M View Post
I feel your pain. I can't drive any nice car to work either because I work downtown with only a public lot. Every time I drove the nice car something would happen to it, so now I have a beater just for driving to work. Z4 is only for weekends and unfortunately it rarely gets driven because of that. I've only put about 3k on it in 7 months.
same here.... 100%
When I do venture out for an extended heated drive, and get the phone call from Mrs. to pick up a few things at the store...... well the memories and instincts take over.

I have to park in extreme DFZ (dent free zone) areas when I go into a store just to be able to relax. Murphy's Law always gets me when i park near other vehicles.
it's too predictable. so I never roll the dice.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Agreed- I park in my own private spot at work where other cars can't get next to me(I put up a tarp with metal frame so my car is shaded and protected from bird droppings) and when I park at stores, restaurants I always go to the extreme outskirts where other cars rarely park. People just don't care.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
A few years ago I had a job with an office on the second floor and a window that looked right out on the side of the parking lot where I parked my car. The company stock (and our options) were doing extremely well and everyone in IT was buying new cars. Everyone knew what kind of cars everyone else was buying, so it was well known that it was my car. One day I'm staring out the window (problem solving!) and I see a co-worker (although I was a mid-level manager, he wasn't) whose office was on the first floor pull into the spot next to my car and fling open his door, right into my passenger door. I actually saw the door rebound off my car and I think I actually saw the sheet metal flex!

I raced down the hall, down the stairs, and confronted him just as he was walking away from his car. At first he denied it, but I pointed up at my window and said "That's my office! I saw your door bounce off my car!". I went to look and fortunately, the damage was nearly undetectable. No dent, just the tiniest little chip. The color was Silverstone Metallic, a dark platinum color, and if I hadn't seen it happen I probably never would have noticed. I eventually bought some touch-up paint and touched it up myself, but I told him that if I ever saw him do that again, to my car or anyone else's car, I would email the entire department and tell everyone about both incidents. I had several occasions after that to see him get out of his car and he never again hit someone else's car with his door.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
A few years ago I had a job with an office on the second floor and a window that looked right out on the side of the parking lot where I parked my car. The company stock (and our options) were doing extremely well and everyone in IT was buying new cars. Everyone knew what kind of cars everyone else was buying, so it was well known that it was my car. One day I'm staring out the window (problem solving!) and I see a co-worker (although I was a mid-level manager, he wasn't) whose office was on the first floor pull into the spot next to my car and fling open his door, right into my passenger door. I actually saw the door rebound off my car and I think I actually saw the sheet metal flex!

I raced down the hall, down the stairs, and confronted him just as he was walking away from his car. At first he denied it, but I pointed up at my window and said "That's my office! I saw your door bounce off my car!". I went to look and fortunately, the damage was nearly undetectable. No dent, just the tiniest little chip. The color was Silverstone Metallic, a dark platinum color, and if I hadn't seen it happen I probably never would have noticed. I eventually bought some touch-up paint and touched it up myself, but I told him that if I ever saw him do that again, to my car or anyone else's car, I would email the entire department and tell everyone about both incidents. I had several occasions after that to see him get out of his car and he never again hit someone else's car with his door.
I'm sure everyone else appreciated that. I assume he was not driving anything nice?
Appreciate 0