ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
JasonH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe, 2003 M3 Vert

Thumbs up Another Custom Z4M Hitch

Just got a mechanic friend of mine to fabricate and install a hitch so I can pull a trailer with track tires and stuff. I haven't got the car back yet, but it appears to be very strong. He said it supports the weight of the car, so I'm sure it can take whatever I throw at it. If anybody in the Philadelphia or NJ area is looking for something similar, this is his shop. More photos are here. He also has a modified Harbor Freight trailer that I'm buying, so I'm hoping to pick up everything next week then use it to go to NJMP for June 3rd and 4th on Thunderbolt.

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

That looks very nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

What HF trailer are you planning to use and do you mind weighing that unloaded and loaded if possible?

Look forward to pics with trailer ad your reviews on hwy feel and maneurability in parking lots.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
JasonH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe, 2003 M3 Vert

If I was buying a new one it would be this trailer from Harbor Freight. I believe they trailer I'm buying is based on that one, but I haven't seen it yet. It's supposed to have a truck box and tire rack mounted on it, but I bet it still weighs less than 300 pounds. If for some reason the used trailer is no good, I'll just buy the new one.
Appreciate 0