ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #23
Inkidoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I think you were not lucky. But it is up to you.
|| 335i Sedan || Montego Blue || Black Leather || Aluminum Trim || Sport Package || STEPTRONIC || Paddle Shifters || BWM Assist/Bluetooth || Park Distance Control || Comfort Access || Navigation System || Satellite Radio ||
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #24
SoySauce
Second Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

we got 3 bimmers 2 lexus and 1 benz in my family.. alwasy had problems i wth bimmers and evetime it happens we have a hard time fixing, bmw dealships are known for not doing their job and delaying your apointments.. .. ill suggest u go to a better rated dealship it makes a little difference, Lexus got have the best service in my experiences, most of the time i didn't even made apointment and just drove in and youll be taken care of from head to toe, not like BMWs, apointments made and still gotta wait in the service entrance wondering if someone is on their way helping you. But BMW's warrenty covers a lots more.. if yoru are underwarrenty there isn't much to pay outta your pocket .. 'sometimes' lexus charges u labor fees even when problems are covered.. but is all worth it when u dont have to stress any. .. If u care more about future maintance and yoru not a fast driver.. ill def recommand lexus.. never been 2 a benz service in the states cause our benz is in asia Good Luck ( oh ya and lexus alwasy hook you up with a loaner car( usually another lexues of same kind) But for bmw here they told me im supose to make apointment 2 weeks ahead to get another bimmer as loaner car.. otherwise they give u a base model at enterprise rentals , usually a mom's minivan or nissan senstra def aint gettin laid with those XD)

Last edited by SoySauce; 04-06-2007 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #25
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
I think all of us BMW owners EXPECT to have issues (can't wait to see what happens to the new retractable hard top the first year) so to me the issue is not that we have these issues but in how BMW SUPPORTS us. The original issue in this thread was not updating the software to fix a problem that OCCURRED DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. That is just wrong !!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #26
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Solution #2:

Put enough miles on your car every year to wear all that stuff out and have it replaced BEFORE it goes out of warranty.
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Guy #1: "Just make it verk or you vill be verking over at VW!"
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx View Post
Solution #2:

Put enough miles on your car every year to wear all that stuff out and have it replaced BEFORE it goes out of warranty.
thats what I do
      04-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #28
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Sounds about right...you hit 50,000 yet?
Appreciate 0