ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #793
kdavis1773
KD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Dark Blue E64

Hey

just checking in Im new on the site. I drive 2004 z4 3.0 2005 525I I've been driving BMW's since 1989
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #794
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavis1773 View Post
just checking in Im new on the site. I drive 2004 z4 3.0 2005 525I I've been driving BMW's since 1989
Welcome!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #795
boondocksaint
Penfold, shush!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

I did the deed.

Nice body line, with Das Boat lurking in the garage.

Secksay.

Looking forward to learning. Reading stickies, etc. Thank God there are fewer than there are for the E39.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #796
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Nice!

Details? (Miles, options, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #797
boondocksaint
Penfold, shush!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Nice!

Details? (Miles, options, etc.)
It's an 07 with 22,600 miles, about 9 months of factory warranty remaining.

As far as options, it has DSP and NAV and the heated seats. Not sure what other options were available. Doesn't have PDC, which I would like. I'm just happy to have a car with no damn sunroof. Hate those things.

Also, must say I got a good price on it, and the dealer provided two master keys and ALL of the manuals and such, including the bluetooth code so I didn't have to go rip into the trunk electronics.

It NEEDS new front tires - they're awful. I also think I'm going to have to sand the headlight housings to do a true restore on them. They're mostly clear, but some retard with a buffer overdid it right at the top where the bodyline meets the lights. Worse on passenger side, but does not cover any of the light's projection path.

I also need to change the oil because I have no idea when it was last done, though the OBC says 12k miles before the next one. I don't care. I also think it's overfilled.

No biggie.

The only complaint I have is that the nav screen housing buzzes under braking. Will probably go away with new tires, since these suck. But still. It's already got me thinking of stuff. Dealer trips are a tad out of the way for me, so if there's something that's a quick fix (like an oil change), it's cheaper for me to just do it than try and make my way over to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #798
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Z4 drop top..in Japan
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #799
Eccentric
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Z4 drop top..in Japan
Nice! 2007 Z, in Interlagos blue for me. Never posted on this thread.. oops
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #800
ljkiter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4 35i manual

Got a 2003 2.5 w 84k for 10k last December and was able to ride with the top down for 90% of the time.
My first convertible and I don't think I can ever go back to a coupe.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #801
Charles White
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0i

Smile Charlie

Hi Guys and Girls from the White House!! My wife finally released some of the funds and let me buy our first Z4, 3.0i. She wouldn't release enought for a new one, so I found a very good 2008 which we love and name "XSTESY"

We live in Virginia Beach where the Mermaids reside but I have been restricted from driving with the top down at the ocean front during the summer without her -- What's with that!!

I am still reading and trying to learn as much about the 'Z' as possible. One think I can't seem to determine is -- Can you wash the convertible top with regular (good quality) car soap when washing the car or do I just rinse it off? I have purchased the cloth top special cleaning and protective products which I plan on using after washing and drying the car, which is the reason for above question. All recommendations and pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #802
EenyBear
Accidentally in BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4MC & R1200S

Hi,

I'm lurking for the moment but am shopping for a Z4 M. Surprisingly, for such a rare car, there are quite a few to choose from in my area at the moment. (Four-year end-of-lease auctions I suppose...)

I like 'em all but I'm settled on the coupe version.

Although I'm reading the forums to catch up.... are there any quick tips on things to watch out for or avoid or be concerned with as I complete my shopping experience?

Also, I'll buy from anywhere in North America if someone you know is selling a 1-owner, low mileage, non-tracked, no accident, Z4 M coupe. I prefer red or gray interior and/or exterior. Black interior OK too. No dark exteriors.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Ian
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #803
Zuzax
Actively lurking
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Roadster - Sepang

Hi

Hi. Been around a long time, finally registered over here. First Z was a '97 Boston Green Z3 2.8 - Dinan suspension, intake exhaust, etc., even the damn floormats. South Texas/Houston old timers may remember it. Did '98 through '01 Homecomings in it.

Drove it until I got my 2007 Sepang Bronze M Roadster. Did the performace center delivery thing, had a blast.

Warranty ended about six months ago, so it's time to get creative. Just rolled up 24k miles on it today.

Honk if you see me.

2007 Z4 M Roadster Sepang/Sepang-X/Black.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #804
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles White View Post
Hi Guys and Girls from the White House!! My wife finally released some of the funds and let me buy our first Z4, 3.0i. She wouldn't release enought for a new one, so I found a very good 2008 which we love and name "XSTESY"

We live in Virginia Beach where the Mermaids reside but I have been restricted from driving with the top down at the ocean front during the summer without her -- What's with that!!

I am still reading and trying to learn as much about the 'Z' as possible. One think I can't seem to determine is -- Can you wash the convertible top with regular (good quality) car soap when washing the car or do I just rinse it off? I have purchased the cloth top special cleaning and protective products which I plan on using after washing and drying the car, which is the reason for above question. All recommendations and pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.
Congrats on the purchase. As for the mermaids...if your wife won't let you have one...at least send one to me!

A personalized plate with that name would be very nice!

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #805
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EenyBear View Post
Hi,

I'm lurking for the moment but am shopping for a Z4 M. Surprisingly, for such a rare car, there are quite a few to choose from in my area at the moment. (Four-year end-of-lease auctions I suppose...)

I like 'em all but I'm settled on the coupe version.

Although I'm reading the forums to catch up.... are there any quick tips on things to watch out for or avoid or be concerned with as I complete my shopping experience?

Also, I'll buy from anywhere in North America if someone you know is selling a 1-owner, low mileage, non-tracked, no accident, Z4 M coupe. I prefer red or gray interior and/or exterior. Black interior OK too. No dark exteriors.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Ian
Good luck on your upcoming purchase...once you buy one, you MUST post a picture or it did not happen.

BTW...I bought a 2 owner 2006 Z4 last fall in perfect condition (4013 miles...yes), so don't rule out multiple owners...most Z4 owners take care of them well.

Where is Canada??

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #806
EenyBear
Accidentally in BMW
Canada
Rep

Hi bucko521
My Canada is a little to the left of yours on the other side of the Rockies on the southern tip of a big island in a town named after an old Queen. No not "Mercury-Land". More victorious....
Yeah, when I get it I'll post it.
Ian
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #807
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hi bucko521
My Canada is a little to the left of yours on the other side of the Rockies on the southern tip of a big island in a town named after an old Queen. No not "Mercury-Land". More victorious....
Yeah, when I get it I'll post it.
Ian
Ahhh...I bet you have flowers already too? Glad you picked up on the humour!

BTW...I think your car drives in one of the most beautiful areas of the country...been there a few times...the drive from Victoria to Nanaimo in a convertible is outstanding.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #808
EenyBear
Accidentally in BMW
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
Ahhh...I bet you have flowers already too? Glad you picked up on the humour!

BTW...I think your car drives in one of the most beautiful areas of the country...been there a few times...the drive from Victoria to Nanaimo in a convertible is outstanding.
Yes, the flowers are out and I've mowed my lawn. Typical stuff for Victoria .
There's still great skiing on a 700cm base at Mount Washington, 2.5 hours away.... but we cope.

Although I was born here and this is "home", I've lived many places around the world included a few wild corners of Canada like Churchill, Manitoba.

Like any real Canadian... we have family in Saskatchewan. Q'uappelle Valley area, and Wolseley, and Regina too.

Now I'm off to finish shopping for my car.
Choices:
1. coupe, red on red everything but nav 20,000 km... nearby
2. coupe, red on charcoal, every option 8,000 km... nearby
3. coupe, grey on red, everything but nav, 40,000 km... local
4. conv., black on black, every option, 40,000 km... local
5. conv., black on black, every option, 25,000 km... local

Given that they are all the same price within a dollar or two... #2 feels the best. However, the #3 combination is pretty sweet too.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ian
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #809
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Choices:

Given that they are all the same price within a dollar or two... #2 feels the best. However, the #3 combination is pretty sweet too.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ian
You should post pics and reviews of each.

Although I am a fan of black...the #2 and #3 sound awesome.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #810
wonton180
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hello all,

I'm new to the site...(been lurking for a while now). I'm in the market for a well-maintained Z4MC, so I'm sure this is the spot!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #811
almsdriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Yes, the flowers are out and I've mowed my lawn. Typical stuff for Victoria .
There's still great skiing on a 700cm base at Mount Washington, 2.5 hours away.... but we cope.

Although I was born here and this is "home", I've lived many places around the world included a few wild corners of Canada like Churchill, Manitoba.

Like any real Canadian... we have family in Saskatchewan. Q'uappelle Valley area, and Wolseley, and Regina too.

Choices:

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ian
Ian, here is a piece of the most valuable reccomendation (perhaps) - take the Red on Red and NEVER look back! I like the M Coupe in all colors, but RED on RED is "da BOMB!". I was. Inin the same boat that you are in now, had similar color combos to chose from and went with a 19k miles Red on Red - the car looks Way different live than on pictures. Do a search on my Z4MC hunt back in Oct '10, you might find some valuable info there. Best of luck with your search! (Once again - RED !) ;-)

PAST: Avus/Red ALMS TT 225QC & A6 2.7T

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #812
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton180 View Post
Hello all,

I'm new to the site...(been lurking for a while now). I'm in the market for a well-maintained Z4MC, so I'm sure this is the spot!
Indeed it is. Welcome, and happy hunting!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #813
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0 Alpine White

I'm new.....

Hi, I bought a 2005 Z4 3.0i Roadster in February - kind of a Valentine's Day gift from the hubby - he's great!

It's Alpine White/tan/black. It's got about 36k miles on it and I'm having so much fun driving it ~ I love it!! The Mr. did a great job removing the front license plate and plugging the holes to match the front end.
I'll run no front plate until the law says otherwise.

I'm still learning about my Z4 but my vanity plates are on the way!! No mods as of yet, but there may be a few SMALL mods done later on...
Attached Images

03-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #814
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylovebus View Post
Hi, I bought a 2005 Z4 3.0i Roadster in February - kind of a Valentine's Day gift from the hubby - he's great!

It's Alpine White/tan/black. It's got about 36k miles on it and I'm having so much fun driving it ~ I love it!! The Mr. did a great job removing the front license plate and plugging the holes to match the front end.
I'll run no front plate until the law says otherwise.

I'm still learning about my Z4 but my vanity plates are on the way!! No mods as of yet, but there may be a few SMALL mods done later on...
Nice ride.....congrats!

Appreciate 0