ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Jax543210
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

recommendations

BMW owners, where do you go for service, parts & other stuff like EVP?

Here are the hook-ups I've been able to find so far.

Service/Repairs
Besides the BMW dealership option; we've got a great independent BMW -only shop in Jacksonville, FL (North Florida). Very fortunate to have found this place through the recommendation of a friend (M3 driver). The owner of the place is also the mechanic. A+ personal attention every time I've stopped by for service or car questions.
http://carrollautowerks.com/Default.aspx

Parts/Accessories/Extended Vehicle Protection/New Car Purchases
Calling around really is worth it. Before you buy, seriously call another dealer in another state; call two; they price the same things differently; yes even the new cars "wink".
I've bought parts from Prestige BMW (NJ) online parts sales and they've been able to give me some of the best prices for OEM parts and that included shipping.
More recently I've bought from Schaeffer BMW (NC) 910-392-2700 . Make sure you ask for John Andrews; he's a Manager there. He's been able to beat every other BMW dealers price so far.

I always shop around even for small items. The above are just my recommendations based on my own experience.

Do you know of any places that you'd recommend?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
imom
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ ....... Z4MR (SOLD)

Welcome to the forum.

I just recently bought a spare oil change kit for my car and a few parts. Since the kit had free shipping, the other parts I bought came with free shipping as well. I called for a drain plug locally a few dealers and they priced me double MSRP and I had to wait for special parts shipping. So I ordered from this place

http://getbmwparts.com/

Evan and the other guy is really easy to deal with...they respond to emails very quick and polite. They are also a BMW dealer....but cheaper than any other place I've seen.
Appreciate 0