ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-30-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Exhaust tips

Ok, spring is getting here and I am continuing my massaging my new toy back to it's ideal state. One thing I think is an eyesore is the naked exhaust tips hanging out the back in.

Anyone recommend some exhaust tips that look nice and fit properly? Have any pictures??

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
3point0
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
I'm still looking too, so until I find what I'm looking for I polished mine up with a dremel and some metal polish. check out the pic link in my sig

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Exist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Whats the inlet measurement on our exhaust? 2.5 or 3?
      03-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
wasupdu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0, CLS63 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point0 View Post
I'm still looking too, so until I find what I'm looking for I polished mine up with a dremel and some metal polish. check out the pic link in my sig
Looks great! Did you leave the bumper on or remove it? Any tips you can pass along? Nice RaceDeck by the way. I have just over 1,100 of them on my garage floor with free flow tiles underneath the cars. Awesome product!
      03-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
3point0
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasupdu View Post
Looks great!
Thanks
Quote:
Did you leave the bumper on or remove it? Any tips you can pass along?
Yep I left the bumper in place, and used a combination of Autosol metal polishing compound on a cloth and a cordless dremel with a polishing wheel attachment, the middle one in this pic

take your time and watch for the buffing wheel touching the bumper cos I'm sure it would burn through in no time. I used the dremel for the outter bits that had some carbon buildup and mostly the cloth by hand for the rest of it. Just drape the cloth over one tip and grab one side in each hand and polish away as if you were doing someone's shoe. Took about 30 mins to get them real purdy an' shiny-like.

Quote:
Nice RaceDeck by the way. I have just over 1,100 of them on my garage floor with free flow tiles underneath the cars. Awesome product!
It's not Racedeck, it's the vinyl roll stuff from Costco (I think), comes in 6ft wide rolls, got it free from father-in-law. It's just ok, shifts around when I use my floor jack or turn the wheels sideways. Hoping to be putting racedeck this year unless other mods use the cash up.

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0