ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #1
Southern6er
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 645Ci Convertible

Headlight Housing swap

Greetings!

Z4 currently has really hazy headlight housings and looks terrible. I know I could find some replacement OEM housings, but was wondering about options for something aftermarket to perhaps incorporate angel eyes into the look and update the look a little bit.

There are lots of 'vendors' for that stuff, but are there any particular brands you'd really recommend if I opted to go away from the OEM look?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
DerrickO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4M Convertible

Same issue here. Spyderco and Umnitza are the only options I've found and the poor reviews have made me think twice. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and stay with OEM assemblies.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 11:29 PM   #3
fishboy
Rep
Drives: z4

just bought a z4 today and it has hazzy headlights. i am going to sand and clear it and also bake it open and spray paint it black for some diy black housing headlights. will post up a diy thread for fun. im sure there are a few already.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #4
J-Thurm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw z4 coupe 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
just bought a z4 today and it has hazzy headlights. i am going to sand and clear it and also bake it open and spray paint it black for some diy black housing headlights. will post up a diy thread for fun. im sure there are a few already.
I posted about mine in the general discussion thread, but my paint is bubbling and I need to do something about my headlights to make them look nice again. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #5
fishboy
Rep

the more clear coat you throw on top the longer it should last. when i painted my amber turnsignals in the rear red i did 4 coast of red but maybe 8 plus coats of clear. i will clear the shit out of my headlights. how many clear coats did you put?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
Good luck baking them open since AFAIK they won't come apart with heat.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 10:44 PM   #7
fishboy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Good luck baking them open since AFAIK they won't come apart with heat.
dude after doing some research im so scared to even attempt it i am willing to buy some black headlights just to avoid the trouble. i wanted to do a pattern in the headlight if i was able to bake them open. the headlights are not my priority at the moment anyway so fuck it.
Appreciate 0