ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-04-2010, 02:28 AM   #1
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Question for OCHA or anyone else of experience.....magnaflow muffler 14807.......

Does any one see any problem with me putting on a pair of magnaflows style # 14807

Last edited by Z4-VILLA; 04-04-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

When I first started looking into exhaust options I quickly decided against this model for several reasons. 1. Equal length tips, I think our cars look better with staggered tips. Alignment of inlet/outlet is marginal with our cars. 3. More importantly, I think the single 2.25" inlet diameter is to small for the exhaust gas volume our cars produce. OE setup uses dual 1.88" OD tubes which would work better with a minimum of a single 2.5" diameter setup, some say 3" to get the most performance. Either way, don't expect to see any real gains from an axle back setup (muffler only). In our search for a better sound, the trick is not to loose any hp. Caveat: This opinion was reached after talking to a number of the performance muffler manufacturers, I do not have any direct knowledge of before and after dyno runs with this or similar muffler designs. I'm still looking for an economical yet functional setup.