ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
nadaclue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Urban Green 2003 3.0

Any experience with Billy Boat (B&B) exhausts?

Long story short, I ended up receiving a used Billy Boat muffler via FedEx today when I was expecting a used Remus muffler.

All told, it was $195 shipped so it's not the end of the world. I just took someone for their word who didn't know what they were talking about. It was evident to me when I took it out of the box it wasn't a Remus and after doing some searching I'm 95% confident it's a Billy Boat.

So...is it worth trying out or should I cut my losses short and find something else?

I can't find any clips of the B&B on an M54B30, let alone a Z4. Some complaints I've read is that the muffler is somewhat loud and can drone pretty bad, though that was all on larger displacement engines.

I may toss it on for the fun of it, but it requires cutting off the stock can and welding or clamping the B&B to the factory midpipe and after that point I pretty much have to either use it or quickly find another exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Hmm, shitty situation.

I've never heard their stuff in person, though if you wanted a Remus I'd think just about anything is louder. Like you said, if you install it you're kinda committed, so hopefully someone will chime in with some comments on the sound. If you're questioning it I say sell it for what you paid and get what you really want.
      03-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
EuroSpec
Rep
Drives: AW M-Coupe

go for it, you might end up liking it, since you have the product anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpec View Post
I agree. From what I recall reading on www.bavauto.com , this exhaust is louder than the Remus, but yeilds more HP (8.2 horsepower and 8.5 lb/ft. of torque). Go for it and let us know what you think
Dont forget to post some pics.

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpec View Post
I agree. From what I recall reading on www.bavauto.com , this exhaust is louder than the Remus, but yeilds more HP (8.2 horsepower and 8.5 lb/ft. of torque). Go for it and let us know what you think
Dont forget to post some pics.

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0