ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
e30polak
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: s52 318Ti / Z3 Coupe

Z4 M-Coupe Siemens MSS70 DME

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So I bought this blindly thinking it was going to be the same DME as the MSS54 DME that the e46 m3 uses. I needed a spare DME for the s54 I'm swapping into my e30 m3. Turns out no one has hacked this DME yet...

I know that I'm a noob on this forum, with no real posts, but I can assure you that this is not a scam. I'm an active member on r3vlimited.com and bimmerforums under the same name if you're concerned. Just trying to get my money back.

The Car this came from was rolled on the track and it had no issues. s54 was sold separately, and now i see why the buyer didn't need/want the DME...

If you need a DME for your car, this is is a significant deal compared to what the dealer/a parts yard will charge you.

$500 FIRM + SHIPPING AND PAYPAL FEES

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Very interesting...
I always thought that the dash cluster and the DME would have to go along with the motor for these cars
I could understanding swapping motor-only among E46 M3s, but between M3s and Z4Ms, and even some Z3Ms, I would've thought it wouldn't be as much plug & play. Interesting indeed!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
e30polak
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: s52 318Ti / Z3 Coupe

Apparently it isn't that easy. I don't see why BMW changed the DME, when it's for the same exact engine...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
Apparently it isn't that easy. I don't see why BMW changed the DME, when it's for the same exact engine...
yeah...but I'm personally not complaining, because the MS S70 is supposedly much more capable
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
As mfanatic mentioned, this is a much better engine computer. It's easy to see why--the original was in development around year 2000, and this one probably 2005. Quite a quantum leap.

Tunes have been able to modify this DME pretty extensively--see all the software tunes available for the M Coupe, including ESS which claims to replace the entire operating system when you buy one of their supercharger kits (I wasn't able to do the software flash myself, even with one of their Direct Flash units, because of the extent of the modification). I'm surprised no one has used it in an engine swap yet...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Anyone know if it's possible to swap two different ECUs back and forth between one car? Will the system go haywire?
Appreciate 0