ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-28-2007, 03:10 AM   #23
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
-Well, BMS is 100% ready for production now on their Stage 1 and Stage 2 systems. Just awaiting orders.
I was at the BMS site but was unable to find any information about their exhaust systems for the Z4 M. Can you provide any further details?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Russ...Check this thread out. Near the bottom of page 9 is where the exhaust info begins...and goes on for pages...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=185835&page=9

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #25
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Russ...Check this thread out. Near the bottom of page 9 is where the exhaust info begins...and goes on for pages...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=185835&page=9
-Thanks Dammmittt, you beat me to the punch. Russ, BMS's website is about to be redesigned from the ground up. Primarily so products can be displayed properly. In the mean time, you can always hit me up via PM, or in a thread and I'll try to provide whatever info you need.

p.s. Speaking of products, I bet you didn't know that BMS also makes a bushing limiter kit for Z4 Ms. It's similar to TMS's, but better in a few small ways that escape me at the moment. If you are interested or curious, call Chris at 714-429-0257.
      10-30-2007, 03:01 AM   #26
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

As the title states, BMS has finished its exhaust for Z4 M Coupes and M Roadsters. Using a combination of Magnaflow and scratch-built components the exhaust comes in Stage 1 (mufflers) and Stage 2 (mufflers and x-pipe) configurations. Both are hand-made and fit as good as they look!

For more details and photos I suggest starting on PAGE 16 of my Z4 MC Mods thread, and keep on going. Also, feel free to respond here with questions. Here are two quick pics:

The Stage 1 systems retail for $1,599, and the Stage 2 system retails for $1,998. You can also order the x-pipe by itself if you want a little more sound out of your stock exhaust or another aftermarket muffler-only system. It retails for $499.

BMS is offering a group buy on the Stage 2 systems for the first 10 Z4 M owners to sign up on this GROUP BUY thread. The group buy price for the Stage 2 system is $1,898! So if you're serious about dropping some weight, adding sizable midrange power with no software, and having a great sound, sign up NOW!

Last edited by Palantirion; 10-30-2007 at 03:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 05:17 AM   #27
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

so the group buy price is the exact same price as the Eisenmann Race... what's the advantage of this system over the Eisenmann? It seems to me that these are just magnaflow mufflers and custom piping? any muffler shop with experience in custom exhaust should be able to do the same thing for less than $1000... or is there some spectacular details i am missing? i'm not trying to be passive aggressive, but to me... my mindset is.... "Exhaust from the company who makes OEM Carrera GT and SLR McLaren exhaust.... or Magnaflow exhaust?"
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #28
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i have found out that it would take days and days of cutting and wielding to accomplish this same design from a muffler shop. and this system comes with an X-pipe for 1898. and the esienmann is 1891 for just the mufflers. (Rip off) i guess now im deciding between the BMS or Supersprint mufflers. THANX
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 02:37 PM   #29
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Uh probably shouldn't be discussing a different exhaust in OP Arqray's post on their exhaust setup? Kinda rude, especially not with pictures, prices and links.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #30
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

They have 1post about it here in 7 months and never answer any questions...and you think everyone else is rude?

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #31
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

I'm just saying there already is a thread on the BMS exhaust why not carry on a discussion there. If you feel that because someone else is an ass you should be as well then that's too bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #32
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 01:43 AM   #33
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
I'm just saying there already is a thread on the BMS exhaust why not carry on a discussion there. If you feel that because someone else is an ass you should be as well then that's too bad.
-You're right, we should. I'll answer the two previous posts' questions and then I'm done here. Please address future questions on the BMS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
so the group buy price is the exact same price as the Eisenmann Race... what's the advantage of this system over the Eisenmann?
-Better sound, better power, better looks. Probably better build quality, and more accurate fitment.

Quote:
It seems to me that these are just magnaflow mufflers and custom piping? any muffler shop with experience in custom exhaust should be able to do the same thing for less than $1000... or is there some spectacular details i am missing?
-Yes. The tips are VERY hard and time consuming to align perfectly and the x-pipe was also very difficult to design to fit the confines of the car's space without vibration, rattle or restricting the exhaust flow. There's only a couple hundred bucks of stainless in the kit (and it's all VERY high quality), the vast majority of the cost is labor.

Quote:
i'm not trying to be passive aggressive, but to me... my mindset is.... "Exhaust from the company who makes OEM Carrera GT and SLR McLaren exhaust.... or Magnaflow exhaust?"
-It's not Magnaflow exhaust, they passed on the project because of the low sales volume. So we had "our guy" design the BMS system. It was our choice to use Magnaflow (and a lot of scratch built) components, and they were chosen for their high quality. He's asked me to withhold the shop's name because he has to much on his plate right now, but as to his expertise he designed the world's only carb-approved E36 M3 header and it's pulling a real 20hp out of a 240hp motor. He has been BMS's exhaust builder for years, making systems for their club racers, which have won national championships in multiple classes and years.

p.s. I don't mind the skepticism, I'm exactly the same way when new products come to market
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
i have found out that it would take days and days of cutting and wielding to accomplish this same design from a muffler shop. and this system comes with an X-pipe for 1898. and the esienmann is 1891 for just the mufflers. (Rip off) i guess now im deciding between the BMS or Supersprint mufflers. THANX
-It's very easy to throw an "ok" exhaust together that sounds louder than stock. It's a totally different process to design a system tuned for a specific application and engineered to fit perfectly.
      11-11-2007, 02:53 AM   #34
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
He's asked me to withhold the shop's name because he has to much on his plate right now, but as to his expertise he designed the world's only carb-approved E36 M3 header and it's pulling a real 20hp out of a 240hp motor. He has been BMS's exhaust builder for years, making systems for their club racers, which have won national championships in multiple classes and years.
it's cool.... i'm pretty sure, by the sound of it, it's the same guy who builds evosports stuff. which if it is, is a very good thing... no doubt it's a beautiful system, quality looks fantastic... i just really dislike the sound of this system. otherwise, i'd definitely consider it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #35
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's cool.... i'm pretty sure, by the sound of it, it's the same guy who builds evosports stuff. which if it is, is a very good thing... no doubt it's a beautiful system, quality looks fantastic... i just really dislike the sound of this system. otherwise, i'd definitely consider it.
-Nope. He did some work for them in the past, but refuses to work for them now. They are not on his good side.
      11-11-2007, 03:28 AM   #36
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
-Nope. He did some work for them in the past, but refuses to work for them now. They are not on his good side.
that's a shame... regardless. the system looks beautiful. i wish the sound was more to my liking...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 05:08 AM   #37
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that's a shame... regardless. the system looks beautiful. i wish the sound was more to my liking...
-Maybe you should hear it in person. Comp speakers can butcher sound quality from exhaust clips because every system is configured differently.
      11-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #38
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

I just got an E-Mail back... they said the Arqray Exhaust lists for $1600USD. So it's still cheaper than the Eisenmann.... but it certainly ain't cheap.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #39
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just got an E-Mail back... they said the Arqray Exhaust lists for $1600USD. So it's still cheaper than the Eisenmann.... but it certainly ain't cheap.
-And after so much time I am skeptical of their customer service.
      11-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #40
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
-And after so much time I am skeptical of their customer service.
that doesn't matter, you wouldn't order it from them anyways... they are in Japan, things work a lot differently in the Japanese tuning community. the customer is more at the mercy of the company, which is a trade off since the japanese tuners arguably make much better parts than their european and USA counterparts, it's a trade off and it's up to the consumer to decide what is more important, best quality and performance, or customer service. Arqray is made by Fujitsubo who also makes also the Nismo exhausts as well as many other exhausts for other companies in Japan, but Arqray, and self branded Fujitsubo, are their own brands and I'd argue there is absolutely nothing coming out of the US even on par with their quality, much less better....
Appreciate 0