ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
badhbtz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Schwarz M Coupe

RPI Exhaust - NOT Wanted :) Rogue Diablos Bought!!

Thanks Dudes!

Chip

Last edited by badhbtz; 04-01-2015 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
badhbtz
Private
Rep

This is my car and my lift - I am providing some candy to int-ice the RPI Gods!!! Come on Fellow Z4 kids lets do this!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
badhbtz
Private
Rep

108 people read this thread and not a single person has any ideas on an RPI exhaust!

LOL Thats great!

Im so... 0 for 108
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #4
badhbtz
Private
Rep

Bump Going Once
Bump Going Twice..

Im gonna buy new this week! Last chance to sell to me!

Unless someone can convince me that The Rogue Diablo is better!??!???
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhbtz
Bump Going Once
Bump Going Twice..

I have a set of rogue Diablo mufflers to sell for a client of mine. They have less than 500 miles on them and are in near perfect condition. I'll also have a number of other goodies to come off the car as well. Fabspeed headers w/ceramic coating, stop tech trophy brakes, strong strut braces front and rear, vorschlag camber plates for the stock strut mounts, upgraded engine and trans mounts, radiator, rogue ssk, rpi intake scoop, perhaps some other odds and ends. PM me if you're interested. All parts have less than 1,000 miles on them and will be for sale shortly.
Bryan
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #6
tlav17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
I have a set of rogue Diablo mufflers to sell for a client of mine. They have less than 500 miles on them and are in near perfect condition. I'll also have a number of other goodies to come off the car as well. Fabspeed headers w/ceramic coating, stop tech trophy brakes, strong strut braces front and rear, vorschlag camber plates for the stock strut mounts, upgraded engine and trans mounts, radiator, rogue ssk, rpi intake scoop, perhaps some other odds and ends. PM me if you're interested. All parts have less than 1,000 miles on them and will be for sale shortly.
Bryan
what color is the front strut brace? I may be interested

Past: '08 Alpine White M3, '07 Titanium Silver Z4 M Coupe, '04 Imola Red M3 Coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:51 PM   #7
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlav17
Quote:
Bryan
what color is the front strut brace? I may be interested
It's wrinkle black and it is the complete set of 3 braces.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #8
badhbtz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhbtz View Post
Bump Going Once
Bump Going Twice..

Rogue Diablos Sold to me!!!!

Call off the RPI DOGS!

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #9
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

The Diablos are loud as hell and the drone at certain low RPMs is terrible. I hope you enjoy them though.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
badhbtz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
The Diablos are loud as hell and the drone at certain low RPMs is terrible. I hope you enjoy them though.
Thanks man.

Based on my experience.. The RPIs are about the same Volume and offer less low notes.. I love that the Diablos make the inline 6 sound more like a v8. Not entirely but more.. I used to have an Audi B7 RS4 with Miltek - Nothing has ever sounded that good - Period. But this is a different animal. And last year I only put 1000 miles on the M.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 10:36 AM   #11
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhbtz View Post
Thanks man.

Based on my experience.. The RPIs are about the same Volume and offer less low notes.. I love that the Diablos make the inline 6 sound more like a v8. Not entirely but more.. I used to have an Audi B7 RS4 with Miltek - Nothing has ever sounded that good - Period. But this is a different animal. And last year I only put 1000 miles on the M.
Right on, all that matters is that you like them. To me, no inline 6 in the history of the world has sounded good, especially not a BMW one. I think I'll be leaving the exhaust on my car stock this time around, but I'll probably weld on some bigger tips/paint em matte black just for appearance.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #12
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
With catless headers there is some drone under 2500rpms or so. With the stock exhaust there's no drone imo. Both ways the car sounds really good, and a convertible it shouldn't be an issue like is in the coupes. Enjoy the new mufflers!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #13
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Quote:
Right on, all that matters is that you like them. To me, no inline 6 in the history of the world has sounded good, especially not a BMW one. I think I'll be leaving the exhaust on my car stock this time around, but I'll probably weld on some bigger tips/paint em matte black just for appearance.
You must of had a bad experience. I6 sound great with exhaust imo.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #14
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
You must of had a bad experience. I6 sound great with exhaust imo.
No. No they don't, they absolutely suck compared to a V8. I always chuckle when people talk about the RPI and how it makes their car sound "exotic". They are the most deluded people on the planet.

The S54 has always sounded like crap. It's either a raspy mess or a droning annoyance with aftermarket exhausts. The best option is just stock, the BMW engineers did a good job with the Z4M exhaust as it's quiet and doesn't sound like a raspy mess such as the E46 M3 and Z3M (01/02). How the car sounds inside and outside are entirely different. I'll never forget pulling away from a buddy in my 01 clownshoe and him telling me my car sounded like it was spraying rocks all over the ground.

The only people I've ever heard say they like the S54 exhaust note are owners of the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #15
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
With catless headers there is some drone under 2500rpms or so. With the stock exhaust there's no drone imo. Both ways the car sounds really good, and a convertible it shouldn't be an issue like is in the coupes. Enjoy the new mufflers!
Are you talking about the Diablos? if so, you have no idea what you're talking about as the Diablos have a HORRIBLE drone. It's teeth rattling actually, and I had them on my Z4M.

Also, if you think I'm bullshitting, check out my review from a few years back in regards to the Diablos.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=diablo

Last edited by NickyC; 04-02-2015 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #16
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

The shape of the Mcoupe acts like a horn in regards to the sound of the exhaust and really accentuates the harmonics.

I had a TVR years ago with a similar shape to the coupe and the drone in there was horrendous due to its shape.

Maybe throw some louvers in the hatch window, al la the F40, to let the noise out
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #17
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Not to throw gas on this, but I love my Diablos.
With stock headers and X-pipe, and catless RE midpipes, it has great low frequency growl and an explosive burst of rasp at WOT and blip-shifts.
The drone is musical, especially when accompanied by the whir of the S54 valve train.

-- Because Racecar
      04-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #18
bajz
Rep
Drives: z4m

Quote:
Bryan
Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #19
badhbtz
Private
Rep

Quote:
No. No they don't, they absolutely suck compared to a V8. I always chuckle when people talk about the RPI and how it makes their car sound "exotic". They are the most deluded people on the planet.

The S54 has always sounded like crap. It's either a raspy mess or a droning annoyance with aftermarket exhausts. The best option is just stock, the BMW engineers did a good job with the Z4M exhaust as it's quiet and doesn't sound like a raspy mess such as the E46 M3 and Z3M (01/02). How the car sounds inside and outside are entirely different. I'll never forget pulling away from a buddy in my 01 clownshoe and him telling me my car sounded like it was spraying rocks all over the ground.

The only people I've ever heard say they like the S54 exhaust note are owners of the car.

I had an RS4 - Best note in the business. But its not the same car so i cant really compare them.

PS Diablos Sold to me. Last week!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #20
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

I need a garage lift in my life.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #21
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

I agree. I wouldn't have my RPI's on anymore if I didn't like the way they looked so much. I may see if I can have the RPI tips put on my stock exhaust.

Quote:

Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #22
badhbtz
Private
Rep

Update to the comment below. I installed some resonators in the middle of the exhaust with the Diablos + AA headers. It brought the Drone down about 7db at idle and about 12 db at 2500 rpm. I would agree the diablos are loud. The car sounds perfect. Its loud when it needs to be and purrs when not. Oh I didnt mention that I added dynamat material in the trunk and the car now sounds more solid. If you get my drift.

Quote:
Appreciate 0