ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

no matter what they tell you, they make *some money for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #24
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Sounds like they were not up front with you. Last 2 times I bought a car the credit card deposit was only for holding purposes only. The price was independent of the "deposit".

Don't let it ruin your fun with the car, I just did the same exact thing and picked up a 13 boxster S . Enjoy the power, handling and that sound!
      05-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypptic View Post
Thanks for all the input. I feel better that there is no clear opinion, so I don't feel bad now for having my doubts about how it went down. Just to be clear, I never put a deposit on the car. I only allowed them to charge a hold so that they knew I was serious and would not sell the car to someone else. This was completely refundable and before we ever finalized numbers. It wasn't until the following days were I got the factory powder coated wheels thrown in that I was told the out the door price. Once again, I was told the selling price and then the out the door price. Where things we're confused was I never saw the breakdown of the out the door price until I came to close the deal. At that point it revealed that the deposit being applied was how the out the door number was calculated. The numbers never changed, it was a lack of a break down that caused the confusion. Some think I got screwed out of 500, others think I was wrong in my presumption. Either way, I love the car and am happy. I hope this helps others in their purchases.
You are in the unique position of driving a 981 and an e86 mcoupe at the same time, love to hear your comparison of the 2.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #26
Krypptic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92M, GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
You are in the unique position of driving a 981 and an e86 mcoupe at the same time, love to hear your comparison of the 2.
I will post something once I have more seat time in the 981. Although a comparison will be tough since the e86 is far from stock.
Appreciate 0