ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
daviddi
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: sterling grey z4

Garage List
2004 2.5 Z4  [0.00]
Drain Holes

Hi Guys, am new Z Post,as a new owner of 04 2.5 se, have been checking out info about blocked drain holes, has there been a mod? as when i pour water down the right hand side it runs out by the front wheel , ok my drive slopes forward but thought it should still run out underneath by the drain .any thoughts....
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddi View Post
Hi Guys, am new Z Post,as a new owner of 04 2.5 se, have been checking out info about blocked drain holes, has there been a mod? as when i pour water down the right hand side it runs out by the front wheel , ok my drive slopes forward but thought it should still run out underneath by the drain .any thoughts....
Look about three posts below......
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
xg3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Was 03 Z4, now 10 GTI

i have a 2003 Z4 3.0i.. which i got used.. love it..

anyways to the point.. i saw the post about the drain holes.. so one day while waiting for my friend that was late. i peaked in, and it was blocked on the passenger side.. i could see water inside.. left side was dry..

anyways i ran water down both side and left side was clear while right side was blocked. I figure removing the wheel was too trouble, so i proceed with soapy water mix and compressed air.

i stick in the air compressor long pipe down to the hole and start blasting... created a mess.. water coming from the top, and after 5 sec it cleared and water start coming down the bottom with dirts... so i pour in some soap water and blasted it again.. more dirts came out.. and now water flows smoothly!

thank god the motor is on the left side of the car!
Appreciate 0