ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #23
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

The steering wheel on my 3.0si was pretty scratched up when I got the car. So, I bought what was supposed to be a pristine replacement from a guy who had installed an M wheel on his car, only to find that he had broken the center spoke trim while removing it. He didn't tell me about that but cheerfully kept my money. I suffered along with the original scratched up wheel until a couple of years ago when I had enough and bought an M wheel. And it is awesome. I'm terrified of scratching it up so I usually leave my wedding ring etc at home most of the time while driving. Driving gloves would solve the problem but ya know the ribbing I'll take if I start using those!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #24
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
The steering wheel on my 3.0si was pretty scratched up when I got the car. So, I bought what was supposed to be a pristine replacement from a guy who had installed an M wheel on his car, only to find that he had broken the center spoke trim while removing it. He didn't tell me about that but cheerfully kept my money. I suffered along with the original scratched up wheel until a couple of years ago when I had enough and bought an M wheel. And it is awesome. I'm terrified of scratching it up so I usually leave my wedding ring etc at home most of the time while driving. Driving gloves would solve the problem but ya know the ribbing I'll take if I start using those!
That and why have that gorgeous thick soft wheel and then add gloves, totally defeats the purpose
I too love my M wheel, that and the shift knob...

Steve
Appreciate 0