ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

z4m euro cats

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
gone, but dont hesitate to hit me up..

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum

Last edited by donovan; 02-01-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

shpper

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

bumper

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

bumpers

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

I bet if you put hi RES pics of all the threaded areas I would buy this for a friend....hint hint.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

pm V.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

Dude, this is not cool. youre gonna have to explain a couple of things here to all the forum guys man. I have here exhibit A being a listing on ebay for the exact same thing on a UK Ebay listing. They are using the EXACT same photo that you are using. That ebay listing went up three days after this one. Theres a huge price difference here man. even after the conversion from Euros to US Dollars the price barely makes over 250.00 which is a huge price difference from your proposed 1000.00. Where does the other 750.00 go? Bubble wrap?! This is VERY fishy. Explain.

Here is the link to that ebay listing.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-ME...item3a6ed84182
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

Im really wondering what the explaination will be. This is interesting
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

scam?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

stop the PM donovan post it up here....HOW DO YOU AND SOME RANDOM EBAY LISTING SHARE THE SAME PHOTO OF THE CATS UR SELLING AND YOURE CHARGING US HERE MORE THAN 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT?!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
scam?
Most definetly not a scammer bro, calm down, I am bringing a product to the board that people want, simple.

Been selling euro parts in many ways, mine/suppliers/friends that I tracked with.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
colatkitty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MCoupe, S2000

I wasn't going to say anything at first, but I'm glad someone noticed something fishy going on here not only with this particular sale, but others as well.

Here is my bad experience dealing with this seller.

Back in early October last year, I purchased a set of CSL headers from Donovan. He claimed that the headers are packaged and ready to ship when I Paypaled him on 10/12/11. He suggested that I pay via gift to avoid Paypal fees, which I foolishly accepted.

Five days later on 10/17/11, I have not heard anything back from him nor has he sent any shipping information to me. I PM’d him asking for any updates. This is his response “my supplier has been trying to send me the item but keep missing me as I want home to get it by the carrier. So it wil be redelivered soon”

Another week goes by, and I have not heard back from him, so I PM’d him again asking what the hold up is. Here is his response “I am waiting for my supplier to send them out again, as I was not home to recieve them the first and second time! They should be coming as we speak though and I will ship them out priority when they arrive Mark, my apologies”

I tried several more times to work this out with him, even suggesting that his supplier ship it directly to me, but to no avail…

On 10/27/11, I requested my money back, but he ignored my request and gave me this response “I have sent him an email with your request marked as urgent, and again I am sorry for this taking so darn long. It is never like this normally.”

One more week goes by without any news or refund, so I PM’d him again on 11/3/11 and again requested my money refunded. He again disregarded my request for a refund and gave me this response “Apparently my supply guy has sent them out to me again as he claims I was not at home when the delivery came.”

Now this is just getting absurd. At this point, I did not want the headers anymore, but just wanted my money back. I asked for my money back again on 11/5/11, but he told me this “Hey there, the item has finally arrive and I am shipping it tomorrow priority. ”

OK, so he does have the headers now, and I am fine with that. So I PM’d him requesting for shipping information and tracking number. 4 days later on 11/9/11, he gave me yet another BS response: “Hey, I come again to give bad news, I know this is getting old as fuck, the guy who has my parts, went on emergecny trip for a family member, something personal he said. He will be able to ship the parts on monday at the latest”

Again, on 11/14/11 I asked for my refund, but got some more BS from him: “The parts have arrived in the hands of my shipper but he had an issue with his daugther as she just got to germany and he hasnt had the chance to send it off yet... but if you do not want the product I will refund and then repost it for sale.”

At this point, I knew I was not going to get my money back from Donovan, so I went ahead and started the dispute process with Paypal. At first, Paypal informed me that they would not be able to help me out since I paid as “gift”. I even called their customer support and asked if there was any other way, but they told me no.

I later discovered that I was able to file this as an unauthorized charge dispute. Fortunately for me, Paypal did find this case in my favor, and I was able to get my money refunded through Paypal.

Just a word of caution to potential buyers out there, from someone who has dealt with this seller, BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Last edited by colatkitty; 01-10-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Any one else care to share a story? I am open to more. When I am trying to get parts from EUROPE to AMERICA there may be issues and things may go wrong. Here are some issues

1. 5000 miles apart
2. Email contacts
3. Expensive phone calls to suppliers
4. Europen Holidays (more than ours)
5. These people on the other side have problems and a life as well

Coalkitty got his refund and I got stuck in a situation on the other end. Either way, I am not a scam artist lol. Been trying to get parts for forum members for over 15 months now and I refuse to be called a scammer.

So anyone else want to start some more trouble?

I am gathering parts FOR a lot of people on the forum. If you do not need nor want the part, then kindly move on guy.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
colatkitty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MCoupe, S2000

When you PM'd me, you claimed you have the part in hand ready to be shipped. I was expecting to get my part within a week at most, as with all the other parts I've purchased here or through all of the other online forums.

Nobody in their right minds would want to wait more than one month for a part, nor would they want to pay a 300% mark-up to a middle man...

One thing for certain though, you had not been honest and upfront with me to begin with...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

This actually sparks more conversation, please feel free to elaborate.

How much do z4m cats sell for and z4m/csl headers sell for? I base pricing off of other items that I "search" on the forum.

Example, I put in z4m euro headers from a while back I saw they were selling for quite a lot so I match my prices there. Why should I sell it for less.

ANYWAYS, I can understand how someone might be a little uneasy but once again, if one doesn't agree with the pricing then I can only consider that they move along

OH and price drop

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #16
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

"Start some more trouble?" That's out of line, and I think we deserve an apology. And since the gauntlet has been dropped, I'd be happy to share my experience.

The facts in my case are that the product that was promised was delivered me, it was as advertised, and I am happy with it. All good there. However, I had a very similar experience Colakitty. In my case, an initial wait of ~1 month (during which time the order process was fully disclosed), a full refund, then another month or so on the second try before I received the product.

The problem here is one of communication: Items are posted for sale when they are not actually "in stock". They have to be sourced/ordered/shipped from Europe first. There's nothing wrong with that if the buyer knows it up front and is aware of what the ordering/shipping process actually is. This is touched on in post 13 of this thread—but that’s the first time I’ve seen it even brushed upon in a thread.

For those wondering, I was willing to give things a second try given that: 1.) I was told how the order/purchasing process actually worked early on via PM; 2.) My money was refunded immediately when I asked; 3.) I was willing to wait; 4.) Paypal provides a good safety net if goods are purchased (not "gifted").

Why not be up front about things? Let folks know what the process is up front and set customer expectations appropriately. That way there are no surprises, and it will avoid a lot of "trouble" going forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #17
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
"Start some more trouble?" That's out of line, and I think we deserve an apology. And since the gauntlet has been dropped, I'd be happy to share my experience.

The facts in my case are that the product that was promised was delivered me, it was as advertised, and I am happy with it. All good there. However, I had a very similar experience Colakitty. In my case, an initial wait of ~1 month (during which time the order process was fully disclosed), a full refund, then another month or so on the second try before I received the product.

The problem here is one of communication: Items are posted for sale when they are not actually "in stock". They have to be sourced/ordered/shipped from Europe first. There's nothing wrong with that if the buyer knows it up front and is aware of what the ordering/shipping process actually is. This is touched on in post 13 of this thread—but that’s the first time I’ve seen it even brushed upon in a thread.

For those wondering, I was willing to give things a second try given that: 1.) I was told how the order/purchasing process actually worked early on via PM; 2.) My money was refunded immediately when I asked; 3.) I was willing to wait; 4.) Paypal provides a good safety net if goods are purchased (not "gifted").

Why not be up front about things? Let folks know what the process is up front and set customer expectations appropriately. That way there are no surprises, and it will avoid a lot of "trouble" going forward.
So those pictures are some random pictures he finds on the net? False advertising! How can you sell something you don't have possession over?

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

I wouldn't say false advertisement and this is hardly an example. I make arrangements with certain suppliers. This just happened to already be on the famous ebay. I know the guy, him and I have already spoken on getting the product sold faster. Its his second time posting it.

1. If you get a product and you happy then problem solved.
2. If a deal couldn't be established and you got the money back both parties are solid on the matter

Problem? None.

If someone said hey I can get you I dunno, a nice alcantara steering wheel for a set price and your say "yes", if you get the product then your happy, if you decide to change up and get a refund, then you just move on. No one cares where the part comes from, they are happy to get the product or have the opportunity to.

Sounds like some people have their issues where the products come from and that is unfortunate.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

point is you were dishonest which makes you not worth the bag in which you d@uche with. Let alone your post count. you thought you were slick, Im slicker. :-)
two identical pics on two different websites for different prices for the same price....just be honest you wanted to make a huge killing by offering something to us that we thought was "rare". Judging by your location, "shitty ass USA" people like you are the only ones making it shitty.

"NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION"

btw: I was the one who uncovered this BS.....so...zpost youre welcome,
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Not sure if I should or...

Well I can congrats you I suppose for finding that I can still offer the forum a good product or not?

Anyways, offer still stands lmao $900 for in fact rare euro z4m cats.

Ciao boss.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Not sure what just happened in this for sale thread.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
SONAR
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: By echolocation

1st comment: the UK still uses the pound so the conversion is more like $310 to USD.

2nd: as far as the secondary "s-pipe" section goes, what's the difference between these and the US piece? Cats are freer flowing? Lighter? Or more restrictive since they are to be used with catless headers?

FWIW, Donovan has a good rep over on M3Forum, and had one here. I don't think using other people's pictures as your own is very forthcoming, but if he provides what he says he will there isn't much more to say. For example, I do business all the time with multinational corporations, and when they say something is "in stock" it could mean 15min from me, or in Canada. What matters is that they have it, somewhere, and it can be got in a reasonable amount of time. There are always instances when something goes wrong, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, as I've seen many of his FS threads come and go (seemingly) without issue. I'd like for those to chime in, rather than people who haven't bought before.

Edit: the timing may seem fishy to some (villanova) but I used to post under a three-letter handle, a black z4m coupe with SSR wheels and KWV3s. I'm not Donovan starting an account to defend himself. Just weighing in.
Appreciate 0