ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep
Drives: JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
Exactly it's not an upgrade. I never said an M badge was one. That was my point that there is a big distinction between and M badge and an M bumper So my friend how does me adding an M bumper make me a hypocrite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by indohan View Post
What makes you think "M badge" is an upgrade?
It's an add on and some people use that badge to boost their mental confidence and ego.
It's safe to say people generally drive BMW with confidence, not shame.
That, my friend, makes the driving experience a difference.
Yes, fair enough, it doesn't help anything in terms of car's performance.
You wanted performance upgrade; others might want boost in confidence.
Both affect driving experience.

OP also said, "I prefer to think of mine as the original ''M-Technic or M-Sport"line of BMW vehicles, which also have ''M" badges placed strategically throughout the car".

You can do M bumpers to boost performance and it's all fine, but others are insane for putting an effort to boost their confidence?
Not very fair, isn't it?
      06-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/

Last edited by phoenixbmwlife; 06-26-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #26
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
+1

OP has shitty taste and thought covering everything in vinyl would be different... it's just cheap and tacky.

You mean the ZHP knobs with the M badge on them? I can't put an "M" shift knob on my M car? Are you high today?
Why come to a sale add where no one asked for your opinion and post anything negative about how it looks? Anyone interested in buying can decide how they feel about it on their own.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep

Quote:
I'll address a few of these...

How so? I can call out someone for being an idiot because after all, it is the internet.

Short and sweet... this isn't a very in depth debate.

I still can't figure out where you're getting this assumption of my lack of knowledge. Please tell me...

If this is directed at my comment on the OP car, then: I was talking about the vinyl! He applied vinyl all over the car, thus making it look cheap. That's what I was referring to and have already cleared that up to you. Do you still not understand what I am referring to?

If this was directed at my comment on your car, then my cheap car still cost more than yours... not that you have a car anymore.

13k? That's plenty to brag about. Does the rest of the drivetrain last 250k as well, all knowing one?

I like hardtop and soft top roadsters; though I think soft tops are more classy (hence you still see soft tops on most high end cars).

Sure, I'll comment. We all know the E46 ZHP is not an M car; that was never in question. I don't mind M badges on door sills, wheels, shift knobs, steering wheels, etc. Those were designed as M influenced accessories (sometimes taken straight from M cars) to spice up the appearance of standard models. The currently available M-sport package is a great example of this. I am not debating the fact that BMW puts M badging on non M cars; we all know they do. If you go back to my original statement on this topic; I posed the question to you that I couldn't put an M inspired accessory on my M car and you responded by asking me if I know what a ZHP knob is. I was stating that the M inspired ZHP knob would be just fine in an M car in which it was, in a way, derived.

I don't know, but I could assume by the ad that it was under $20k...

And sorry OP, we kind of did ruin your thread. LOL
The cheap argument came up when you tagged someone's car as a cheap looking car, where you drive a cheaper than his.
Your cheap Roadster M definitely is more expensive than my previous lowly E46.
However, I didn't start the whole "cheap" subject until you did.
Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Then you jumped into the whole ZHP knob topic where the user I quoted was shakib, not you.
You got all butt hurt when I said M car owners put parts that belong to non-M cars from factory, where BMW does it the other way round all the time.
If you knew and realized this fact, you wouldn't get all worked up about it.
These parts are interchangeable. Of course, over doing it will kill the BMW classy look, IHMO.
Then you bragged about your 13,000 miles car that you bought.
I said these motors last up to such high mile range WITH proper maintenance.
S54 would easily hit 150,000 miles and still staying strong with the BMW recommended maintenance interval.
But then again, there's nothing to brag about 13,000 miles.
Almost everybody can get past that milestone, but not everyone could reach high miles and still keep their cars running strong.
Questions thrown shows my assumption was right. You definitely did not see many examples of high miles S54 that still run strong.
There are so many things you have not experienced with 13,000 miles.
General examples are Inspection I, II, vanos, valve adjustment, this and that failure.
Your car is barely over broken-in period and you want to talk "I know my car"?
I wonder, in your healthy mind, what's the plenty to brag about?

Hard top, soft top, high end, low end, it's 2012 and you forgot about my "to each their own".

You went into stalking mode by posting pictures of me here.
Like I said, BMW community know me in person rather than online and damn, you're taking into a whole new level.
I went to meets and events, therefore you found my pictures there.
I'm straight, but if you play for the other team, you can find more pictures of me at other events on other forum as well.
Photographer IMAGEZBYBRIAN, an example, is a personal friend of mine and need not others to point to him who indohan is.
GOLFRRR, another example, also know me in person. Where do you stand in your area's community?
I can go on and on with examples, but that's just pure redundant bragging and off topic.
Calling me an idiot because you're not? In my perspective, I can't even slightly agree with that.

People get less than asking price while selling cars all the time.
They sometimes ask for lower than KBB value and still get lower than asking price.
People usually pay more than their budget without compromising the seek milage.
It's a two-way street.
How about you post some pictures of my cheap old E46 here when it was at Las Vegas Convention Center, Mr. Detective?
I put my money where my mouth is; do you?

Nonetheless, glad to finally see you said something nice to OP.
I, for one, did participate in this idiotic fiasco.
      06-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #28
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
Confidence affects driving experience??? Really? If you think confidence affects the way a car performs you are crazy! Again you still don't see the difference which makes you either real ignorant or as others have said an idiot.
You can call me idiot or ignorant, or whatever you want.
We obviously don't share the same point of view.
I see your perspective point of view, but you obviously don't see mine.
If that case makes me an idiot, well, I can only behind my screen.

Some people carry Brada bag and feel happy about it because others wouldn't know what it really is until they see it up close.
That's the most idiotic, relevant explanation I can give. Not sure if you still don't get my point of view.

OP, GLWS!
      06-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #29
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by indohan View Post
You can call me idiot or ignorant, or whatever you want.
We obviously don't share the same point of view.
I see your perspective point of view, but you obviously don't see mine.
If that case makes me an idiot, well, I can only behind my screen.

Some people carry Brada bag and feel happy about it because others wouldn't know what it really is until they see it up close.
That's the most idiotic, relevant explanation I can give. Not sure if you still don't get my point of view.

OP, GLWS!
wtf is Brada bag?

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #30
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #31
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to put emphasis on two words you just said, which sums up my position from the beginning: "cheap looking." This never applied to the cars actual value, rather to his attempt to customize with vinyl; giving it a cheap look. I'll clarify in another sentence for you; his mods made it look cheap, not actually become cheap. Can you figure out the difference yet? My whole argument started by bashing on the cheap looks of the OP car, not the value. I hope I don't have to explain this any further.

About the ZHP knob... Would you agree that it is an accessory derived from the M division? My car is also a product from that division and while the ZHP knob was originally installed as a package option on an E46, it's still an accessory for my car. I agree the parts can be swapped around to some extent, but my whole argument stated that a ZHP knob with an M badge on it would be appropriate an fitting. Is that one cleared up to your satisfaction?

Now the mileage argument. I can pretty easily assume that lower mileage is more desirable than high mileage, end of story there. I've had 4 bmws and know about the maintenance and what to expect. I boosted my first BMW with 130k miles and had no problems. High mileage may be an achievement for some and that's great, but as far as purchasing a car, I'd rather have a low mileage car that has a better chance of not being beat to shit.

I live in new mexico, there is no community here and it sucks.

And lastly, I did see your old M3 and it was done tastefully. I personally don't like the whole blacked out look or all the stickers, but it was done nice.
OMG, your disability to comprehend amazes me.
Let's leave it as I don't understand you.
Too much irony and it's starting to get hilarious.

Piece of advise, people get killed and sued over the internet all the time.
Hope you'd be careful with what you say in the future.
Yeah, I saw what you posted before you edited it.
I don't get butt hurt easily but not all people are like me.
Talks like that behind computer screen, I can already imagine how you'd behave when you attend meets and events.
      06-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep

I'll follow K3N R3D and apologize to the OP. GLWS

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #33
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
I'd like to apologize to the OP for hijacking his thread. All this should have gone to pm. I've deleted my posts except my original one. GLWS

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #34
BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBMW View Post
I forgot to mention that this Z4 still has 7 months left before the factory warranty expires. The front ''kidney'' grilles have been painted gloss black.
Bump for a cool car!
Hi, welcome to the zpost forum. I actually like your car, little overkill on the exterior stripes but otherwise pretty sweet! What Steering wheel cover is that, where did you find it? And do you still have the original 108 wheels that came with the Si?

We dont all act like this, some of us are probably worse, but this was a pretty good little rant. Maybe after a suitable time away (depending on how long it takes to forget some real a#$h*&s) you might buy a Z and take part in our forum again. Dont worry, the trolls, goblins and real a#$h*&s will still be here doing what they do best!

Seriously, GLWS
2011 E93 335is - current fav
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #35
Daemonblitz
Commander
Rep
Drives: Z4MC/M5/640iX/M1000RR

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [9.50]
2006 Z4M Coupe  [8.77]
2010 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
Damn, I missed all the drama in this thread
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #36
jair_onsa
jairon2
Rep
Drives: vt1-445 z4 MC- 14 335i M Sport

glad to see everyone resolved their differences
bump for a nice looking Z(except the stripes) lol Jk
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #37
TXBMW
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe

Wow, i really do not know what to say. I know that when someone posts anything on a forum, they are up for all comments, both good and bad. But the recent comments on this thread really caught me off guard. Not sure that i expected or deserved this. I know you have to have "thick skin'' but I was just trying to sell my car....good grief....i did not mean to offend anyone....

idohan...i want to personally thank you for your kindness. You did not have to defend me but you went out of your way to extend simple kindness and that my friend, is a rarity today. God bless you in all of your future endeavours. Peace to everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #38
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Bump for OP. GLWS
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #39
phuzz
Registered
Rep
Drives: None

I realize it may be sold, but would someone do me a favor and PM TXBMW and let him know I want to talk to him about the car? My acct is too new for me to PM at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0