ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #23
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Good opinions in this thread!

I was originally interested in an E46 M3, and am very familiar with the S54's power. I wanted this car for tearing up the street, not the track. To The Hack's point, I probably push this car (non-M) to 75% of the limit if that, no where near 95% or more. The difference between the M and non-M for my purposes was minimal. Although that off the line power is wonderful and intoxicating, a bit of a realist hand swooped over me and I backed off and went for the non-M.

Other note: it was roadster all the way for me. I was interviewing an 06 blue M roady for a long time. Dealer had M and si coupes too but it was the top-down mentality that sold me on the Z4 brand in the first place, so I never really considered them.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #24
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I'm with Rick (never owned a roadie)...test drove a roadster...my wife hated it. Got the coupe without ever driving it, my wife loves it tho...glad it all worked out.
If BMW didn't make the coupé; I wouldn't have bought the roadster.

And if BMW didn't have a ///M version of the coupé; I wouldn't have bought that.

IMO the Z4-M roadster is endowed with nowhere near the same sex appeal or laden with the bulging volume of testosterone drenched muscular stature as the coupé version.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #25
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
If BMW didn't make the coupé; I wouldn't have bought the roadster.

And if BMW didn't have a ///M version of the coupé; I wouldn't have bought that.

IMO the Z4-M roadster is endowed with nowhere near the same sex appeal or laden with the bulging volume of testosterone drenched muscular stature as the coupé version.
unless its a hardtop
Appreciate 0