ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
CherryZz
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Road Hazard Protection

does anyone have this warrenty? do you know if its still valid if u change to aftermarket rim and tires?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryZz View Post
does anyone have this warrenty? do you know if its still valid if u change to aftermarket rim and tires?
Wish I had gotten it, would have saved me money as I blew out or bubbled both drivers side tires twice within the first 5k miles all on the same section of road...suffice to say I don't drive on that road any longer.

The road hazard would for sure only apply to the OEM wheels and I assume would only apply to the first set of OEM tires (the ones that came on the vehicle).
      11-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Depends who your coverage is through. Dealers don't all use 1 company, and each one has their own rules/wording for coverage.

Mine covers wheels/tires I have (aftermarket or not, and purchased at a dealer or not) as long as they are stock size (18") or +1 (19").
      11-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
dngrCharlie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Silver Grey

I just got through using my coverage today! I must have run over a nail on Wednesday as I noticed the tire pressure sensor on when I was leaving work. Called the dealership and they just said come on it and they'll replace the tire no charge (which is what I did today).

BTW, with the run-flat tires I just drove home from the office and then later to the dealership. I didn't do anything to the tire except put some air in it before I left for the dealership (but it all came right back out since the nail was still there).

I lost my paperwork but my service adviser said that I was covered for five years and that the coverage would fix wheels and tires as long as the tire has a certain amount of tread remaining (i.e. they are not going to replace old tires) and the damage caused the tire to lose air pressure.

What I don't remember is what I paid for it....
Appreciate 0