ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-15-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Talking Just went for a Drive..

I just went for a drive, after taking a few hours to sort of the seat belt install on my car, a few more hours required, more on that later. And i couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.. the car just feels so much more alive, every bit of feedback is coming though my seat, and it now feels that I am part of the car. Corners are just enticing and are asking for more loud pedal, and i have to muster up a large amount of self control, just to keep at civil speeds.

The belts tie me into the chassis and i can now only think about the next set of corners. The lower seating position gives me so much more leg and head room, and the bar in the centre of the car provides me with more confidence than any mere mortal should have. The rear bar now complementing my front strut bar and seems to give me a balance that is near perfect. Once more, i have to exhibit some form of self control and then some guys pass me on the straight in a lexus saloon of some kind, very proud of themselves that they have overtook me doing 120 km\h.

The car feels tight, very tight indeed. Sometimes being very tight isn't a good thing, its where that space around the line becomes so fine that you get no warning when the car will break away, I am not sure if this is that, but i am aware of it, and ill be watching for it when i get her on the track later this year.

The car is far from perfect, but its getting there. Ill make no excuses, its now a BITCH to get in and out of, and i sure as heck could afford to loose a few KGS, but maybe, just maybe this is a better excuse than most to do so. Its in fact so hard that initially while i was working on adjusting the seatbelt i was wondering if i did the right thing to remove the (also) very awesome stock seats..

After this drive, all that has disappeared from my mind, now only the pure connection to the car remains, and my endorphins are slowly returning to normal levels. My Missus will not be impressed if she has to get in the car, or out, that fact will stand fer sure. She will hate the car even more so now than she did before, but then she knows the car is not built for her, she knows its built for me, and she enjoys that i get so much enjoyment out of it.

There are a few things that still need doing, i have to pull out the Passenger seat and install the pax seat pressure mat emulator and a few bits and pieces of the interior, but boy this has sure as heck been worth the wait....

Seats... best and (worst ) mod by far!

Vanne.... gone.... driving....