ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
y2k_o__o
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 Titanium Silver

Do I have DSP ?? have pics inside

bought my 2003 z4 2.5i a couple week ago and the stock business CD unit is toasted and I am currently replacing it with a Kentwood KDC-255U

All wire from the scosche kit is wire prefectly fine, EXCEPT the headunit has a "P.cont" (remote wire for amp) has no where to go into the scosche harness. I believe it should go to power up the stock amp.

On the other end of the stock harness, I found there is a white harness with 3 extra cables ( see pics below) has nowhere to go.

Not sure if i have the DSP or not, and whether aftermarket will work with this not

PS: my steering wheel has no stereo control.

Additional observation: The kentwood will currently power on, will read CD, but it's just all speaker doesn't produce any sound. Please help I am working under 1 Deg C outside

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Sorry you didn't get any replies. I have a DSP based system so I don't have specific knowledge on the Business radio. If I were you though, I would just look into replacing the OEM amplifier with aftermarket and be done with it. Pick up someone's used amplifier off of eBay on the cheap. In the short, medium and long run you'll be better off.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
newbizie
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 3.0i

I agree with elerner61 If you have an amplifier in the back changing the headunit by itself will not work you will have to change both unless you run all new wiring from the headunit to your speakers....i also suggest not wasting your hard earn money on a $1000 stock amplifier...depending on how many speakers you have you can run one or two 4-channel amplifers for less than $400. I had to replace my business cd about two months ago.
Appreciate 0