ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
magnet
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si

Intravee II/KC420i in 2006 E85 w/ DSP, NavPro, BT, iPod, iPhone-cradle, No Changer?

I've got a 2006 BMW Z4 2.5si Roadster (LT91484.)

It has the following from factory/stock:
Navigation Professional.
No CD-changer.
Original iPod-connector in the glovebox.
DSP-system.
Bluetooth phone integration/preparation.

I want to install an Intravee II w/ Alpine KC420i iPod-adapter to get music from my iPhone.
I'm also adding an OEM AUX-plug (Part number 82110142174) in the ashtray into the mix. I'm guessing that won't cause any problems.

Will the Intravee replace the original iPod-adapter?
Can I store all the components it inside the dashboard/behind the Head Unit?

I also have an OEM iPhone Snap-in Cradle Basic in the rear centre console that currently only charges my iPhone 5. (Part number 84212351307)
Pictured is the eject box frame that shows the connecting cable type. (Part number 84212222122)
(
View post on imgur.com
)
Which has this plug. (
View post on imgur.com
)
(It doesn't matter, but the snap-in connects to this plug in the car. (
View post on imgur.com
))

How can I modify the Intravee II/KC420i-iPod-connector/plug to connect to the eject box/snap in cradle plug? Are there even enough pins for this to work?
I'm hoping I can buy a plug and play-adapter in this case.

I'll probably never get any definite answer to this, but I'll at least make a thread before I order anything.

Last edited by magnet; 09-22-2013 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I recently did what you want to do minus the cradle. You have to remove and undo the wiring for the OEM ipod interface or the Intravee will not work. I installed everything in the trunk by the nav computer where the CD changer plug is. My ipod sits in the storage compartment between the seats. I also added an Alpine 550 HD radio tuner while I was in there. Have you ordered the Intravee II and 420i yet, because I have a spare I'm going to be selling.

Have you seen all the extras in the Intravee II menu? show rpm, mph, water temp on the nav screen. There's a bunch of other custom stuff the developer has been putting in, just need to upgrade the firmware using a PC.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
magnet
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
I recently did what you want to do minus the cradle. You have to remove and undo the wiring for the OEM ipod interface or the Intravee will not work. I installed everything in the trunk by the nav computer where the CD changer plug is. My ipod sits in the storage compartment between the seats. I also added an Alpine 550 HD radio tuner while I was in there. Have you ordered the Intravee II and 420i yet, because I have a spare I'm going to be selling.

Have you seen all the extras in the Intravee II menu? show rpm, mph, water temp on the nav screen. There's a bunch of other custom stuff the developer has been putting in, just need to upgrade the firmware using a PC.
Thanks for confirming this.
Do you get all the benefits from the HD radio?

I need to connect the Intravee II to my iPhone in the snap-in cradle. I'm wondering if the 6 pins the Basic cradle plug has are enough for all the functions in the Intravee II? I also wonder if the right adapter exists for this.

There are different editions of the cradle, namely Basic, Music and Media. I'm guessing I need to buy a new one to connect the snap-in to the Intravee.

Last edited by magnet; 09-22-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet View Post
Thanks for confirming this.
Do you get all the benefits from the HD radio?
I get many HD channels of which have the muxed channel with much less commercials. This is in the USA between 2 major cities. I guess it would depend what's available in your area if there would be a benefit for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
lad740
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01e38sport/02x5sp3.0/95325ic

iv2 for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post

wondering if the iv2 is still for sale?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
wondering if the iv2 is still for sale?
I planned to put it up on ebay near Christmas. If I get a good offer, I'd let it go before then. Includes all the cables, Alpine KCA-420i Ipod interface and Intravee II with lastest frimware. It's rare to find them on ebay, but when they are listed, the combo sells for around $320-$360. Not cheap, but with NAV, it's the best Ipod interface available. The extras are nice too, want to see if the dealer red lined your car or how fast they test drove it, it records the highest rpm and mph, want to know your acceleration or de-acceleration g-forces, it records them too. It records your last 17 trips.....many other extras too.
Appreciate 0