ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #45
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Stickmon, on your ///M, just use NSCExpert to turn them off.

When I get back from the middle east, I will look to see what toggles I changed to disable them.
Does turn them off mean that brake force is OFF? = all brake lights ON?

I really noticed this at the track the other day, following Caddy.
His a CDN spec car & has the running lights always ON.
Under most braking situations stage 1 brake lights was all that was coming on.
With the running lights already on, the brake lights left a lot to be desired.

The couple of times that brake force kicked in made a huge difference!!!

(running lights OFF is on the coding to do list for Caddy as well)
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #46
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

Stratus gray wasn't an individual color. It was offered in '08. Personally I think it looks horrible in person as if it couldn't decide if it wants to be a washed out gray, pink, or purple.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #47
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
... does that mean I have them and they will stay functional with the new lights?
I don't think it would work to just increase the voltage. I don't know how, or if, is was a feature on the pre.
On the post, they're separate bulbs powered by separate circuits.
The smaller inner ones here.
Picture doesn't do them justice. They're really bright.

Last edited by StickMon; 08-15-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #48
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

Correct wiring for my car:

PASSENGAR SIDE

DRIVER SIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP20 View Post
Stratus gray wasn't an individual color. It was offered in '08. Personally I think it looks horrible in person as if it couldn't decide if it wants to be a washed out gray, pink, or purple.
It was an Individual color on this year that was offered in the BMW Individual catalogue. It was only standard on the facelift for one year... It was most certainly an Individual color. Its pretty common with newer BMWs for BMW to put a couple Individual colors as standard on the last year of production. That does not mean its not Individual.

And StickMon, I really dont care about the panic brake light feature, Shipkiller just told me ways to turn it off so I assumed I already had it but I dont care either way. My priority right now is getting the car fixed... next after the paint is going to be fixing the rear wheel speed sensor. Figure I may as well do it when I put the new wheels on since I will be in the area. Going to use my diagnostic computer to tell me which sensor it is but I know its a rear one (if its like older BMWs, it only has one rear one and one front one)
      08-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #49
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It was an Individual color on this year that was offered in the BMW Individual catalogue. It was only standard on the facelift for one year... It was most certainly an Individual color. Its pretty common with newer BMWs for BMW to put a couple Individual colors as standard on the last year of production. That does not mean its not Individual.
Ok. If it makes you feel better.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #50
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
I thought it was space gray in 08?
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok. If it makes you feel better.
Why are you in my thread just to insult and laugh at me? At least when I talk about other peoples cars its constructive criticism not just rash insults. I dont see how this is justified or why an adult would act this way.

http://www.bmwz4roadster.net/bmw_z4_...individual.htm

It WAS originally an Individual color. What is your problem man? Did I do something to you?

Stratus Grey was an Individual color for most years, it was not mentioned in a single standard Z4 brochure from 2003-2007... I cant find the 2008 brochure online so cant comment on that.

Space Grey was offered standard in 2008. Maybe he is being condescending and rude while also being wrong Space Grey and Stratus Grey are completely different colors...
      08-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #52
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep

So basically it was an individual color, until it no longer was when it became a non-individual color in '07. You said it was an individual color, sure you were right. I said it wasn't an individual color, sure I was right.

Quote:
Why are you in my thread just to insult and laugh at me? At least when I talk about other peoples cars its constructive criticism not just rash insults. I dont see how this is justified or why an adult would act this way.
You're too sensitive. Take it easy.

Edit: And for whatever it was worth, stratus gray was never an individual color in North America (even in '03~'06).

Last edited by GP20; 08-15-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #53
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I thought it was space gray in 08?
Space gray came out in model year '08. Stratus gray came out in model year '07 (as a non-individual color).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You're too sensitive. Take it easy.

Edit: And for whatever it was worth, stratus gray was never an individual color in North America (even in '03~'06).
This is my build thread that you are crapping on and making me feel bad after my first color choice already got ruined and you are talking bad about my second choice. How would you feel? Its simply uncalled for and accomplishes nothing, its being rude for the sake of being rude. Say I am too sensitive or whatever I do not care, frankly I think you are inconsiderate of other people. You could have said what you wanted to say in a much nicer way without laughing at me and being condescending.

Now, back to my Z4 build...

The other mirror arrived today and its the correct part, pretty excited to get these on Also got the wiring done as shown a few posts up, meaning the car is ready to hit the paint shop... I may have it back by this time next week

In the meantime I have an E39 M5 I need to work on... the work never stops Getting stretched thin over here between all my car projects
      08-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #55
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

cool man, keep up the good work. Loving the build thread. (well i love almost all build threads
as for the color, its a shame the first color didnt work as i did love that. its hard to judge colours n photos unless you see it in person.

waiting to see more pics of the paint.

glad you got the mirrors sorted, i had to use the old cradles as i didnt want to wait, nor pay for new ones as they cost a shit load. Turns out i actually prefer not having a wide border around my mirror, makes it look more modern.

keep us posted mate.