ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
mbanshchikov
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Rear ended :(

3 days after getting xpel installed and doing a full Ammo NYC detail, I got rear ended!!!!! The damage is mostly cosmetic, I hope, but I'm still devastated . Anyways, can the body shop still get a oem bumper for these cars or is it all aftermarket? Also for those in MA, do you have a shop recommendation? Rick from unique car care suggested mikes in Malden. Anyone have experience with them?
Attached Images

05-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

Sucks! Some idiot backed into mine a couple years ago and the shop that I used just heated the bumper up to repair it and then reprinted the whole bumper. I thought it would need a new bumper but they fixed it no sweat, looks brand new. Something this small will be an easy fix for any good and experienced shop.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanshchikov View Post
3 days after getting xpel installed and doing a full Ammo NYC detail, I got rear ended!!!!! The damage is mostly cosmetic, I hope, but I'm still devastated . Anyways, can the body shop still get a oem bumper for these cars or is it all aftermarket?
I had my rear bumper replaced last year and the collision shop was able to get an OEM bumper.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
ferrarif1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanshchikov View Post
3 days after getting xpel installed and doing a full Ammo NYC detail, I got rear ended!!!!! The damage is mostly cosmetic, I hope, but I'm still devastated . Anyways, can the body shop still get a oem bumper for these cars or is it all aftermarket? Also for those in MA, do you have a shop recommendation? Rick from unique car care suggested mikes in Malden. Anyone have experience with them?
Try www.sansossioautobody.com in Natick. I originally found them through the BMW CCA (Boston) recommended vendors and they do excellent work.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

I got rear ended three days after I bought my car. I did not react well.

Getting an OEM bumper should be no problem.

These bumpers are fairly thin, you need to be firm with your agent that the bumper needs to be replaced, not repaired.

And they should cover a new xpel treament and detail.

Expect the damage to be in the $1500-$2000 range.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
mbanshchikov
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

thanks for the replies everyone. getting estimates today and I'll def be firm in getting the bumper replaced
      05-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #7
vogelfanger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarif1 View Post
Try www.sansossioautobody.com in Natick. I originally found them through the BMW CCA (Boston) recommended vendors and they do excellent work.
+1 for Sansossio. I had a tree branch fall on the hood of my 128i while I was driving a few years ago, and everyone at 1addicts recommended Sansossio. I took my car there, and they fixed it beautifully.
Appreciate 0