ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Anyone try a wireless WiFi endoscope

Just saw a positive review on this. Was thinking about getting one to diagnose leaks in tight places. Anyone else try these before?

Wireless Endoscope, Depstech WiFi Borescope Inspection Camera 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake Camera for Android and IOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet - Black(11.5FT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYTHWK4..._asBPAbZ1EG0BN
Appreciate 1
StickMon636.00
      03-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

I used a direct wired to phone endoscope (look's almost exactly like the one in your pic....but plugged into phone).

Actually, it worked very well. I was attempting to change out the lower/drivers side convertible top hypo line from the trunk. My son in law held the camera from inside the car and I attempted to change out the line. Although I physically lacked the ability to do this ....it wasn't the endoscope fault ...it provided a remarkable image of the area. There's a guy in the UK as well as, Germany who can change out lines (motors as well) from the trunk. I got the line plugged in, I just could get the locking plate screw started.

PS there's a light built into the Camera.
Appreciate 0