ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #23
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy View Post
Advantage Certified

I had a bad experience purchasing my '03 2.5i from them. They took my E36 M3 as a trade, made a generous offer for it, but then they made me feel as if they were doing me a favor.

They promised to have my Z4's front bumper painted because it had some rock chips, and to re-align my crooked pass-side headlight. It took a month for them to paint the bumper, as they had it painted twice with many defects on the finished product and then finally getting it right the third time. It took them several attempts to align my headlight correctly. The bumper still doesnt clip right on the top passenger side. And the were supposed to tighten a loose shift knob, but their solution to this was to apply electrical tape to it (??? wtf).

John Tisch, the VP, had the nerve to call me 3 weeks after we sealed our sale to try and squeeze $2,000 out of me because he claimed that my trade-in was missing an air bag. In reality, they overpaid on my trade and undersold their Z4. He threatened to repossess my Z4 and void our contract. When I advised that I sought legal counsel on the matter and told him he had no legal right to cancel our sale, repossess my vehicle or bill me for any parts he claimed were missing on my trade, he then proceeded to "fire me as a customer" and now refuses to do business with me.

Advantage Certified gave a 6 month, 6k mile limited powertrain warranty on my Z4 in addition to my CPO which will expire later this month. I wonder if now that Im fired as a customer, my warranty will be void?

Anyway, John Tisch and the rest of Advantage Certified Auto Group are sleeze bags. Their cars are overpriced, their service integrity is questionable and basically I just down right would warn you to be very careful in dealing with them.
They can't revoke the 6 month warranty (unless such right is spelled out in the contract's fine print, which is doubtful) but since it's a dealer warranty the car should go to that specific dealer for repairs under that warranty. I don't think after that incident you'd want to leave them alone with your car anyways so it wouldn't matter either way.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #24
bmwzrrrr
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw z4 3.0 and 325it

getting back to the thread... I hardtop.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #25
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Talking

Thanks everyone, after seeing how exotic the Coupe looks in person and how much different it drives, I bought it!

Yes, I did buy it at advantage certified. They were decent. Not particularly professional but you get that at BMW dealerships too. I didn't really get a deal but it was still $4,000 under blue book. They want me to drop it off tonight so they can look over the car, make sure that everything is good, and detail it for me. Should I do that and be without the car for a night and next day or should I just take it to my trusted shop to have it looked over?

When I depress the clutch I can hear it pretty loud, sounds like metal clacking together. I'm guessing this is because its under the trunk and the trunk is open to the cabin? Also the clutch feels a LOT more sporty than the clutch in the Z4M Roadster, is that just how they made them?

It's an 07 with 15k miles, fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #26
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
When I depress the clutch I can hear it pretty loud, sounds like metal clacking together. I'm guessing this is because its under the trunk and the trunk is open to the cabin? Also the clutch feels a LOT more sporty than the clutch in the Z4M Roadster, is that just how they made them?
The clutch is exactly the same in both the Z4M Roadster and Coupe - perhaps you have an aftermarket clutch in the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #27
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
The clutch is exactly the same in both the Z4M Roadster and Coupe - perhaps you have an aftermarket clutch in the car?
They told me there's no aftermarket parts... maybe I should take it somewhere else to get looked at.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #28
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I would doubt that the clutch has been replaced at 17k. Not saying it has never happened but I kindof doubt it.

Maybe this car has a CDV delete? Also on my roadster, when I push the clutch in at slow speed you can hear the driveline "unloading" and it makes some noise. I am pretty sure most E46 M3s do it as well.

Congrats on the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 01:02 AM   #29
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_48 View Post
There is a whole bunch of M coupes out there. If you don't want to travel out of state for a car, then just wait a month or so, and a coupe will surely show up in your area.

IMHO, the coupe is so much sexier than the roadster. Don't get me wrong, the roadster is a beautiful car too, but when you but the top up, the charm is gone..

Also, I don't think putting a roof on an M roadster isn't such a good idea. I will never be as rigid, as quiet as the coupe. Also, the coupes are so rare, and that is a super cool quality about a car
i have to agree with this old thread
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #30
Swanicyouth
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4M

I can't believe what balls some of these dealers have. Calling you after the sale asking for 2 grand? Are you kidding me. That is the lowest scumbag move. Oh, the car was missing an airbag, huh. Regardless if it's true or not, didn't they inspect it before they bought it?
Appreciate 0