ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #23
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Still bumping
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #24
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

Its lots more than $15k.
Cars should be checked out before asking for a lower price. These MZ cars are classics, not commodities.
I saw the car a few days ago, and its as sweet and sharp an interior & exterior as you could hope to find. Engine runs smooth, brakes firm, and tracks dead straight as it ought to.
At $15k, you can get you some extremely well built Z3's, some with hardtops, and a few $k left in your pocket. If you want an MZ4 for $15K, expect a car that needs a ton of maintenance, the owner is financially in over their head, and probably rides loose and is way overdue for plugs, a valve adjustment, coolant and brake fluid flushes, tires, brakes and rotors, shocks, struts, all the items that go bad over time.
The lowest selling price I found over the last few weeks for _any MZ4 was in the $16's, for a car that any reputable PPI shop would advise against buying. $17,7 for something reasonably nice but still needed tires, an alignment, and major service. At least $19k for anything you won't need to put another few thousand into right away.
Lower miles like this car has, and its overall condition, make it worth taking a look, but don't plan on under $20 - $23k for anything like this, even if you bring your own tires and wheels.
hth, Barry
      04-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #25
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpathic View Post
Its lots more than $15k.
Cars should be checked out before asking for a lower price. These MZ cars are classics, not commodities.
I saw the car a few days ago, and its as sweet and sharp an interior & exterior as you could hope to find. Engine runs smooth, brakes firm, and tracks dead straight as it ought to.
At $15k, you can get you some extremely well built Z3's, some with hardtops, and a few $k left in your pocket. If you want an MZ4 for $15K, expect a car that needs a ton of maintenance, the owner is financially in over their head, and probably rides loose and is way overdue for plugs, a valve adjustment, coolant and brake fluid flushes, tires, brakes and rotors, shocks, struts, all the items that go bad over time.
The lowest selling price I found over the last few weeks for _any MZ4 was in the $16's, for a car that any reputable PPI shop would advise against buying. $17,7 for something reasonably nice but still needed tires, an alignment, and major service. At least $19k for anything you won't need to put another few thousand into right away.
Lower miles like this car has, and its overall condition, make it worth taking a look, but don't plan on under $20 - $23k for anything like this, even if you bring your own tires and wheels.
hth, Barry
Thanks for the kind words, Barry. Some people see the value, others do not. Most the time it's people that already owned z4's in the past that call me. Only you guys understand me
Appreciate 0