ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
tel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 3.0si Roadster Slate grey

Where to buy

Where to buy a factory alarm system for a 2008 Roadster in Canada other than the stealership. Tried some of the suppliers listed on this site but they either don't stock the parts or don't ship to Canada.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Order it from Tischer in the States. Drive across to Buffalo on a Saturday and pick it up from a UPS store. I did that for my 330ci when I had it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
tel
Private
Rep

I am go to check that out,, but I wonder if it is worth the cost.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
tel
Private
Rep

Called the local dealer who quoted me $345 for the alarm system, but then told me I may require a new interior mirror to communicate with the alarm system. On the build sheet for the vehicle under "options" it lists "Prewired for factory alarm". Any thoughts ?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

My 330ci was prewired for the alarm and it also did the flash when I locked via key. I think I had an issue with the hood sensor otherwise I didn't have to do any coding. My suggestion is to install it and test. If it works don't waste money doing coding.

You can also tell the local dealer that a BMW dealer in the States sells it for cheaper price and see if they will price match or get close to it. I've done that before, most will do it.

Do you have the little red bubble on the bottom of your mirror. The clown nose? If you have that then you have the right mirror, if not then you might need it.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tel View Post
Called the local dealer who quoted me $345 for the alarm system, but then told me I may require a new interior mirror to communicate with the alarm system. On the build sheet for the vehicle under "options" it lists "Prewired for factory alarm". Any thoughts ?
Dealers always says that! Man I hate them trying to rip off people.

Z4 Alarm for Cheap & Install Instructions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is needed is the Hood Switch and Siren which comes in a single kit.

Part Number: 65730302424
http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...&siteid=214672

At Tisher BMW for $42.08 if you enter the part number directly

Or major $$$$ if you look for the alarm by drilling down parts listed under the Z4.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Installation for the M model is DIFFERENT than the non-M for the siren portion of the install. Instead of installing the siren under the rear cover of the bumper, it goes behind the right wheel well. Thought this might be useful for anyone who purchased the factory alarm in light of the new pricing. The coupe alarm typically goes for $$$$ but if you enter the part number directly, it can be purchased for about $42.08.

Instructions for M-coupe:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=913979

Instructions for Non-M:
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/6115EN.pdf

Instructions for pre-facelift Non-M
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=11

The tilt part of the alarm is general the most expensive and hardest part to install. Most people (myself included) do not install this.

You still have to go to a dealer to get the alarm activated (unless you can code your own car or know someone who can). However even without activation, the alarm now chirps whenever you lock/unlock. So just in case your car does chirp...you probably have the alarm installed and it is not activated.

The install is very easy...heck I think I did mine in under 40 minutes (the hood switch took under 5).

Basic Alarm (65730302424) Chirps on lock/unlock; and alarm will sound if doors, hood, or trunk (maybe) are opened.

Regular Alarm (65730309944) Adds the incline sensor.

Alarm with Motion Sensor - Adds the interior motion detector for the roadsters.

I hope this helps,

And as always, ensure you buy the correct kit for your car. Although the info above is based on many installs...your car MAY be different. Always verify the information.

One final note....you do NOT need to change out your mirror....based on everything I have read on this and other forums...not one person noted they had to swap it out. I hate *(^!_(*#^ stealerships.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector

Last edited by bucko521; 05-05-2014 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: added direct link to Tisher BMW search site
Appreciate 0