ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

WTB: Stoptech REAR kit for Z4M, St40..

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi everyone,

I bought and paid for Stoptech F&R kits over two months ago, but they got the original order for the rear kit incorrect and a new one continues to be delayed. I'm getting a refund now.
This is probably a long shot, but would anyone have a decent condition, Stoptech REAR kit for the Z4M? I'd prefer slotted rotors, but would take drilled if it's all you got. Calipers have to be red, as that's what I have on the front. I need the whole kit, rotors/calipers/pads/brackets/etc. I'd buy pretty much immediately because I need this thing now, as much as I needed it over two months ago.

Thanks for any help you might have, or if you're a distributor or whatever that has them new IN STOCK IN HAND.

Oops, I'd also like to mention that if I don't find a used kit for the rear by the time Stoptech refunds my money, I'm probably going to be pulling the stock front kit off my car and going with all new stock components. The kit on there now has less than 1k miles on it, and I'd probably sell it for $1800 shipped. It's got the ST40 calipers (red), with the 2 piece slotted rotors. I don't want to sell it as it looks so cool, and I get tons of compliments, but I just HATE the front only BBK look. Makes the car look unbalanced imho. If you have interest in this, please let me know. Pics below, and obviously the pics with the boxes are from when the kit was brand new. They are on the car right now.

http://img686.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=005egw.jpg

Last edited by NickyC; 01-14-2011 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

I think you are crazy swapping things out for the sake of a few more weeks waiting time and losing a whole lot in depreciation.

Have you taken your medication today...

After all it was you who decided to install the front kit when you knew full well that the rear kit was incorrect.

In any case it is only a cosmetic thing that would be fixed in time if you are prepared to be patient and adopt a mature attitude.

You are getting better performance now, even with only the StopTech front kit installed at the present time over the stock brake system.

Try ordering from Zeckhausen Racing, I am sure you will not have any incorrect supply issues.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
After all it was you who decided to install the front kit when you knew full well that the rear kit was incorrect.
Right, but when I put that kit on, it was a promise the rear kit would be ready within 2 weeks. Well, it's now 2 months later and it's still "two weeks" away. At this point, I'm not sure what to believe.

You are right however, I probably will just keep the front and figure out something with the rear. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

I would call StopTech and confirm the new order has been placed by your dealer and everything is being done that can be done if you have doubts.

I just ordered a StopTech kit myself and I was quoted 8 weeks before shipping.

I don't think they are jerking you around, this is really how long things take as the kit is custom engineered for each individual application.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
I would call StopTech and confirm the new order has been placed by your dealer and everything is being done that can be done if you have doubts.

I just ordered a StopTech kit myself and I was quoted 8 weeks before shipping.

I don't think they are jerking you around, this is really how long things take as the kit is custom engineered for each individual application.
No, they don't really take 8 weeks. The first time I ordered them I had them in my hands in less than 2 weeks. They screwed up the order, made the kit for the wrong car. They are now suffering from materials shortages from what I've heard.

I think I'm back to dealing with them however, and my distributor quoted me two weeks. Which in reality, would now make it over three months. Sigh.

Thanks everyone, but I think I'm back to the waiting game with Stoptech.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Personally I would set your feelings aside and wait for the rear kit.

Stoptech is currently backordered on a few components after a huge holiday rush and as a result many kits are on backorder while these items get restocked. I've been to their warehouse and everything is assembled in house, normally from a huge inventory of blanks, hardware,etc that is stockpiled.

We're a very large StopTech dealer and I too am waiting on a kit for my personal car. If you're buying it for looks only, then by all means it may not be worth the money out or the wait. However from a performance standpoint, the StopTech kit is a bit more robust than the factory setup (which in itself is very good), and allows for quicker pad changes at the track. Unless you have to get your car ready for the Rolex24 this week, I'd wait it out and be glad with the final product once it arrives, they're obviously not jerking you around on purpose, I'm sure they'd love to have the sale completed just as well as you would!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
Personally I would set your feelings aside and wait for the rear kit.

Stoptech is currently backordered on a few components after a huge holiday rush and as a result many kits are on backorder while these items get restocked. I've been to their warehouse and everything is assembled in house, normally from a huge inventory of blanks, hardware,etc that is stockpiled.

We're a very large StopTech dealer and I too am waiting on a kit for my personal car. If you're buying it for looks only, then by all means it may not be worth the money out or the wait. However from a performance standpoint, the StopTech kit is a bit more robust than the factory setup (which in itself is very good), and allows for quicker pad changes at the track. Unless you have to get your car ready for the Rolex24 this week, I'd wait it out and be glad with the final product once it arrives, they're obviously not jerking you around on purpose, I'm sure they'd love to have the sale completed just as well as you would!
Hey there. Actually, there was quite a bit more to this story then I'm going to write about on this forum, or any. The bottom line is that Stoptech has done everything they could for me once they noticed the problem, which entailed building my kit in one day and shipping it out express overnight mail. It just showed up at my house this morning, and I will be installing it on Saturday. I'm going to have a nice writeup on the kits and Stoptech soon, and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants a BBK. They are a fantastic company.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Now that you got all figure out sell them to me at a discounted price LOL

Cant wait to se your pictures! congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 03:37 AM   #9
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

pm sent bud.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0