ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Toneloc111
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

Help!! Hit big puddle of water and trans warning light on.

I'm in ft. Lauderdale Florida, it was raining like crazy and i hit a huge puddle at about 40. I hit the gas and plowed through it and then in another 10 feet i hit another one! Everything seemed fine. After work, i started the car and when i put it in drive, the transmision warning liht comes on but it was working fine. I drove it home slowly. It was fine. I shut it off and started it again the light was off. I put it in drive and the light came on again, and the service enigine light came on! I let it dry out over night, tried to start it today and both the lights come on and the tranny won't go into reverse! Someone told me that water gets into transmisions all the time here. Has anyone had this problem and what was the problem??
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Read the codes. My uneducated guess is a blown fuse. My old E46m3 would go into limp mode after a car wash. So annoying.
Appreciate 0