ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Reunited at last!

After a little over 13 months...I picked my car up from the port yesterday!

It's like falling in love all over again. the feel of the clutch, the notchiness of the shifter, DAT GROWL! I don't know what it is, but I don't remember my baby being so mean! Maybe the time away and only being able to live vicariously through the forum and youtube i hear her better than ever. Today for lunch I'm taking her down the autobahn. I can't help myself! I need to do a full fluid change soon, but I gotta stretch her legs! I'll be on my BEST behavior until I get my fluids and mods on before I get her on the Ring, but it's going to be tough!

I'll be making an ongoing thread in the pictures section of my travels (or just keep updating this one...) until she gets put in hibernation for the harsh German winter. I've got a 320 wagon for that season.

The looks are coming back too. When I pulled into the gas station on base, I saw a guy with a silvergray E92 M3 giving me the stink eye. Mad jelly haha. I missed the craning necks and googly eyes.

I love that I fit in since it's a Bimmer, yet I still stand out since it's an MCoupe. I've only seen one other Z4M so far, but it was a roadie. not that there's anything wrong with that. lol Just on the drive from getting her back to the house I had an Audi S5 come up behind, pass, honk and wave, then got back behind me. Followed me to base and we had a good chat about our love of cars.
      10-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'll just put this here for now until I get some up...

10-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Congrats! I know the feeling. Every month when I get back from a couple weeks of work I think my fiance must get tired of hearing me tell her how much I love my car...AFTER I've told her how much I love her of course!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
there is no possible way i could go without a z, of any sort, for 13 months. i did 7 months in a 1'er in '09... and that was brutal.

congrats on the reunion! can't wait to see pics.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Congrats man. Glad you are enjoying her again.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

So you shipped your car to DE?? Which base are you on, Kaiserslautern?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

yeah I didn't have a choice. was in Korea for a year. lol

nekky, I'm at ramstein. you?
      10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4mc

I was on Sembach for a few years back around 2002.

FYI, there was THE BEST go kart track just south of vogaweigh ?spelling? in an industrial park. I would fly back just to go there again. If you run fast enough lap times you could work up to the race karts. I rarly got to drive them since they are so much faster if you are the only one that can drive them then you can only drive alone. Please tell me it is still there lol
2007 Z4MC, 1" drop H&R Springs, Evolve Tunning, Headers, K&N Filter, RPI scoop, Red top high energy coils, UUC Red Poly mounts (none bolt-through), UUC Lightweight Flywheel with Organic Clutch and a custom exhaust with just one AeroTurbine muffler.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
yeah I didn't have a choice. was in Korea for a year. lol

nekky, I'm at ramstein. you?
Bin nicht im Armee

I used to live an hour or two from Kaiserslautern and would meet US soldiers quite often in the Irish pub... who regrettably couldn't speak any German after being there for upwards of five years lol. No disrespect

How do you like it? I'd move back in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #10
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesz4mc View Post
I was on Sembach for a few years back around 2002.

FYI, there was THE BEST go kart track just south of vogaweigh ?spelling? in an industrial park. I would fly back just to go there again. If you run fast enough lap times you could work up to the race karts. I rarly got to drive them since they are so much faster if you are the only one that can drive them then you can only drive alone. Please tell me it is still there lol
Do you remember the name of it? I really want to get into karting while i'm here too. Actually just came from Vogelweigh (sp lol) after getting my car inspected. Took a couple pics and are (hopefully) uploading now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
Bin nicht im Armee

I used to live an hour or two from Kaiserslautern and would meet US soldiers quite often in the Irish pub... who regrettably couldn't speak any German after being there for upwards of five years lol. No disrespect

How do you like it? I'd move back in a heartbeat.
I'm not Army either. I'm Air Force.

I actually live about an hour from Kaiserslautern, in a town called Dunzweiler. Know it?

I took 2 years of German in high school and am brushing up every day. I love German! I've been trying to get here for 10 years. FINALLY MADE IT! haha
      10-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Do you remember the name of it? I really want to get into karting while i'm here too. Actually just came from Vogelweigh (sp lol) after getting my car inspected. Took a couple pics and are (hopefully) uploading now!

I'm not Army either. I'm Air Force.

I actually live about an hour from Kaiserslautern, in a town called Dunzweiler. Know it?

I took 2 years of German in high school and am brushing up every day. I love German! I've been trying to get here for 10 years. FINALLY MADE IT! haha
Good for you man! I used to live in Trier.. dunno where Dunzweiler is. Trier is just over an over to the west and slightly north.. 15 minutes from the Luxembourg border (Wasserbillig is the first town you'll hit when you cross over). You should go check it out some day man. It's the oldest city in Germany. Huge Roman gate right in the Zentrum called the Porta Nigra. Best Motoring International even filmed an EVO VIII or IX video there lol!!! And there's a (I think!) yearly Rally stage on the WRC circuit, or at least there was, that passes through Trier. Bout 100,000 people, but you can walk the whole thing in a few hours.

What do you do in the Air Force?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
Good for you man! I used to live in Trier.. dunno where Dunzweiler is. Trier is just over an over to the west and slightly north.. 15 minutes from the Luxembourg border (Wasserbillig is the first town you'll hit when you cross over). You should go check it out some day man. It's the oldest city in Germany. Huge Roman gate right in the Zentrum called the Porta Nigra. Best Motoring International even filmed an EVO VIII or IX video there lol!!! And there's a (I think!) yearly Rally stage on the WRC circuit, or at least there was, that passes through Trier. Bout 100,000 people, but you can walk the whole thing in a few hours.

What do you do in the Air Force?
Yeah I know where Trier is. I want to go there before I leave. I'll have to start getting on the WRC bandwagon and go see some races!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwflbimmer View Post
I was in Kaiserslautern in 1979-81. Tell me I am not old! I was at Kleber Kaserne. We had some great times there!
I could make you feel old...haha but I won't. There's still a lot to do in K-Town that I haven't done yet, but Maloney's is a popular Irish Pub that everyone goes to. I like it.