ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-20-2022, 12:15 PM   #1
wyshyvanuk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 MR

Z4m s54 vanos

No codes set , but a slight engine hesitation from idle. I had an inclination to pull the connector from the solenoid coil pack and splash some Stabilant 22A on the terminals just to ensure that the little guys were still speaking to each other. About two hours later it became evident that the connector wasn't ready to yield to my efforts. I was ready to cut the cable tie that retained the cable to the connector, but I'm not convinced that the cable tie was causing the problem.
So, removing the solenoid coil pack and valve body, to get easier access to the connector, became very tempting. Not too expensive with the Beisan refurbed coil pack.
Finally, the question:
With the valve body unbolted, can the valve body and coil pack be removed toward the intake side of the engine WITH THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR STILL ATTACHED?
Any guidance is appreciated!! Thanks.
Ted
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
vt100
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MC, '12 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyshyvanuk View Post
With the valve body unbolted, can the valve body and coil pack be removed toward the intake side of the engine WITH THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR STILL ATTACHED?
I wouldn't do that. BMW electrical connectors are very brittle and pulling it through tight spots can break some. Plus I don't think wires are long enough.
Appreciate 0