ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #419
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Word is that Arkansas is going to hire Chad Morris away from SMU. Morris is an A&M grad, and all season was rumored to be one of the top guys A&M would try to get if Sumlin was fired. Even after hiring Fisher, some of our fanbase thinks we should have hired a younger coach for less money (aka Morris). It sure will be interesting to play against him every year and see which program made the right choice
      12-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #420
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

There were even rumors he was going to end up as a&m offensive coordinator
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #421
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
Word is that Arkansas is going to hire Chad Morris away from SMU. Morris is an A&M grad, and all season was rumored to be one of the top guys A&M would try to get if Sumlin was fired. Even after hiring Fisher, some of our fanbase thinks we should have hired a younger coach for less money (aka Morris). It sure will be interesting to play against him every year and see which program made the right choice
A&M just missed out on a high powered offense. I watched Morris coach at Lake Travis high school. The guy can coach, two seasons there they went back to back 16-0 with two state championships. He is also the one that turned Clemson offense around. I know Fisher is the big name, but these younger hurry-up offensive minded coaches are the in thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #422
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
There were even rumors he was going to end up as a&m offensive coordinator
Really? His and Jimbo's systems are pretty drastically different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
A&M just missed out on a high powered offense. I watched Morris coach at Lake Travis high school. The guy can coach, two seasons there they went back to back 16-0 with two state championships. He is also the one that turned Clemson offense around. I know Fisher is the big name, but these younger hurry-up offensive minded coaches are the in thing.
We tried that for the past six years and it didn't end up working out. Not surprised the administration and boosters wanted to go a different way
      12-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #423
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Really? His and Jimbo's systems are pretty drastically different...

We tried that for the past six years and it didn't end up working out. Not surprised the administration and boosters wanted to go a different way
Would have been an interesting combo. I wonder who stays and who goes.
      12-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #424
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Arkansas is on its way up. Morris will definitely steal some of those top Texas recruits. That is his home turf. He is all over Texas, flying around in helicopters attending all the high school games on Friday nights. The way he treats players, his offensive scheme, and his play calling is definitely going to attract some Texas D1 stars.

Last edited by hellrotm; 12-07-2017 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #425
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Nick Saban assistants who have become head coaches are 0-11 against Saban, with combined average score of 43-11 in games. Let that sink in for a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 03:14 AM   #426
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Who doesn’t have a record like that against Alabama. That’s why Urban Meyer got the hell out of the SEC. He saw the program Saban was putting together at Alabama.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #427
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

2018 season ticket question - which would you pick (same prices / approx. same row):

A. Home side around 10 yard line, 8 seats from aisle, closer to friends in a nearby section and further from tailgate parking lot

B. Away side around 30 yard line, 2 seats from aisle, further from friends in another section and further from tailgate parking lot

Decisions, decisions. I hate not being on home side and being further from preferred lot, but 30 vs. 10 is tought to ignore.
      12-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #428
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
2018 season ticket question - which would you pick (same prices / approx. same row):

A. Home side around 10 yard line, 8 seats from aisle, closer to friends in a nearby section and further from tailgate parking lot

B. Away side around 30 yard line, 2 seats from aisle, further from friends in another section and further from tailgate parking lot

Decisions, decisions. I hate not being on home side and being further from preferred lot, but 30 vs. 10 is tought to ignore.
As a season ticket holders, they're selling you seats in an away section? That's odd they would do that. Usually a small block of about 1000 seats or sold is always reserved for away team's tickets, and whatever doesn't get sold are made available to priority or general admissions the week leading up to the game.
      12-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #429
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Who doesn’t have a record like that against Alabama. That’s why Urban Meyer got the hell out of the SEC. He saw the program Saban was putting together at Alabama.
doubt that was the reason.

I think the domination by Bama in recruiting is killing the SEC. The SEC is no longer what it was back 8-10 years ago. Bama is scooping up all the best regional players. As a result, the other SEC teams can only put together a decent conference contenders team every 3-4 years. But it makes the SEC weak.

Same has been happening in the Big Ten too. Ohio State has been too dominant in regional recruiting and has decimated the quality of all other conference teams.
      12-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #430
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
As a season ticket holders, they're selling you seats in an away section? That's odd they would do that. Usually a small block of about 1000 seats or sold is always reserved for away team's tickets, and whatever doesn't get sold are made available to priority or general admissions the week leading up to the game.
The seats are located on the side of the stadium behind the visitor's sideline. There may be a section on that side of the stadium reserved for visiting fans, but it isn't the entire side of the stadium.
      12-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #431
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
The seats are located on the side of the stadium behind the visitor's sideline. There may be a section on that side of the stadium reserved for visiting fans, but it isn't the entire side of the stadium.
ah, got it. Without a question, ALWAYS go for the better seat from a viewing perspective. Plus from the away side, you can watch your coach blow a gasket every 5 minutes.
      12-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #432
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
ah, got it. Without a question, ALWAYS go for the better seat from a viewing perspective. Plus from the away side, you can watch your coach blow a gasket every 5 minutes.
Yep, I just took the away side around 30 yard line. Chance to change them in February after other season ticket holders renew or cancel if I find something that becomes available that I like better. These were the best viewing location and closest to end of row available before moving into next price / booster category.
      12-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #433
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yep, I just took the away side around 30 yard line. Chance to change them in February after other season ticket holders renew or cancel if I find something that becomes available that I like better. These were the best viewing location and closest to end of row available before moving into next price / booster category.
What are the pricing/booster ranges? Do you have a link?

At Ohio State, the minimum is $1500-$3000 ($3k-$5k for away/bowl games & parking pass, $25k for sideline pass) for the right to buy a pair of season tickets. Two years ago, I sat at 20 yard line upper deck for a game, pretty much at the last row of the deck. I asked around the season ticket holders how long they've been boosters, and they said 4-years. 4-years, and they're still in the nose-bleeds! Yikes, they're better off buying secondary market for just the games they want to go to.

Here's Ohio State's booster levels:
http://buckeyeclub.org/ways-to-give/giving-levels.php

Personally, I just buy my annual alumni allotment (just 1 pair for 1 game). I've gotten really lucky with all my ticketing since graduation. Some notable games I had tickets to from my allotment:

2005 Texas
2011 Wisconsin
2012 Nebraska
2013 Penn State
2014 Va Tech
2015 Michigan State
2016 Michigan
2017 Oklahoma

I have a knack of going to home games we tend to lose in recently.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 12-13-2017 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #434
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What are the pricing/booster ranges? Do you have a link?

At Ohio State, the minimum is $1500-$3000 ($3k-$5k for away/bowl games & parking pass, $25k for sideline pass) for the right to buy a pair of season tickets. Two years ago, I sat at 20 yard line upper deck for a game, pretty much at the last row of the deck. I asked around the season ticket holders how long they've been boosters, and they said 4-years. 4-years, and they're still in the nose-bleeds! Yikes, they're better off buying secondary market for just the games they want to go to.

Here's Ohio State's booster levels:
http://buckeyeclub.org/ways-to-give/giving-levels.php

Personally, I just buy my annual alumni allotment (just 1 pair for 1 game). I've gotten really lucky with all my ticketing since graduation. Some notable games I had tickets to from my allotment:

2005 Texas
2011 Wisconsin
2012 Nebraska
2013 Penn State
2014 Va Tech
2015 Michigan State
2016 Michigan
2017 Oklahoma

I have a knack of going to home games we tend to lose in recently.
The seats I described above, which are premium club seats (better seats, better concessions) were $995 each for the season (including seats and booster club). On home side, same price is around 10 yard line. So nowhere near the prices you mentioned.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/docum...FBPricing_.pdf

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ndBenefits.pdf

http://hurricanesports.io-media.com/web/index.html

My last seats were in 241 which has alumni pricing ($525/seat/season). Seats are not as good but those are the best values.

Miami is a smaller private school with lots of competition for entertainment dollars.
      12-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #435
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I think the domination by Bama in recruiting is killing the SEC. The SEC is no longer what it was back 8-10 years ago. Bama is scooping up all the best regional players. As a result, the other SEC teams can only put together a decent conference contenders team every 3-4 years. But it makes the SEC weak.

Same has been happening in the Big Ten too. Ohio State has been too dominant in regional recruiting and has decimated the quality of all other conference teams.
I see Meyer finally has a Pro-style QB commit, he is normally more of the dual threat type of coach. Matthew Baldwin out of Lake Travis HS in Austin. He is good, saw him play in person this year a couple games. Friend of mine's son plays with him at LT. Barrett's lack of downfield accuracy finally got to Meyer this year. Question what is 4 star Emory Jones going to do now. Some speculating he might decommit from OSU and go to Bama or Auburn. So far both schools don't have a QB commit in this years class.

Last edited by hellrotm; 12-14-2017 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #436
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I see Meyer finally has a Pro-style QB commit, he is normally more of the dual threat type of coach. Mathew Baldwin out of Lake Travis HS in Austin. He is good, saw him play in person this year a couple games. Friend of mine's son plays with him at LT. Barrett's lack of downfield accuracy finally got to Meyer this year. Question what is 4 star Emory Jones going to do now. Some speculating he might decommit from OSU and go to Bama or Auburn. So far both schools don't have a QB commit in this years class.
An embarrassment of riches
      12-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #437
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:

It's funny how one great coach can make a bad conference, but a great conference is made by good coaches. I have never been a fan of a particular team, but have always enjoyed SEC football. Saban has ran off guys winning 8-10 games consistently.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      12-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #438
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Depending on what Clemson does this playoffs, we might be looking at Clemson and Dabo in the same light.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 09:33 AM   #439
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I have a knack of going to BOWL games we tend to lose in recently.
You got your seats for Cotton, yes?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #440
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You got your seats for Cotton, yes?
no decided not to dump money into bowl games unless it's CFP or Champ game. Last year, I went to the CFP game in Arizona. The whole thing cost me about $800. No chump change. The fact we lost doesn't really factor into the value assessment, but it's really really expensive for what you get, IMO.