ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
paint. gave her the old Krylon touch.
You're not pulling our legs are you?

Is that the "other" car you track?

Off topic question: any ideas on brake cooling ducts/systems for our ///Ms? I'm no where near needing this (but I'm hoping some day I will be). There are others here who may need to think in this direction at some point. P cars seem to be able to use GT3 parts on "lower" model cars (e.g. Cayman) from what I've read, but I'm not aware of any approach for the Z4M. Thought I'd ask given what seems like your experience/expertise with that kind of thing...No worries if you'd rather not chime in on this.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #24
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
You're not pulling our legs are you?

Is that the "other" car you track?

Off topic question: any ideas on brake cooling ducts/systems for our ///Ms? I'm no where near needing this (but I'm hoping some day I will be). There are others here who may need to think in this direction at some point. P cars seem to be able to use GT3 parts on "lower" model cars (e.g. Cayman) from what I've read, but I'm not aware of any approach for the Z4M. Thought I'd ask given what seems like your experience/expertise with that kind of thing...No worries if you'd rather not chime in on this.
Nope. Car was Silver and boring as hell, we bought it to play around with and track for the shop. Joked about spray painting it Camo, thinking we would repaint it or do a tub up build down the road, it ended up looking better than expected so we left it. Car has been moth-balled for far to long now as we switched directions and began developing another 1-2 platforms. Hoping to get her back out by end of summer, however the latest build is quite fun on track as well with it's Twin Turbo V10.

On the GT2/3 the lower pan directs air up towards the brakes, however on those cars the radiators are on the outer inlets (IE they don't flow through to the brakes like the Z4M inlets). I'm not sure how much more effective it is over our cars which have the inlet feeding the brake duct area directly. I've yet to experience brake fade with my Stoptech kit and a proper pad so haven't needed to explore it. If that does indeed happen we'll just fabricate an inlet plate for that back of the rotor that attaches to the hub and feed air from a duct in the front air dam (although I honestly don't see that happening).
      06-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I'll bet that's a bit of fun!

Thanks for the input on brakes--most appreciated! I'm looking forward to some fun @Thunderhill on Monday! Track days--the ultimate addiction!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #26
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Awesome paint on the Porsche. Drool.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0