ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #23
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

SONAX is the way to go hands down. Look how good my 108's look! They look brand new!!

Name:  sonax rim 1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  150.8 KB

Name:  sonax rim 2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  133.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Hey PatJags156!

Okay - I am officially convinced! I'll get me some of that ASAP!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Thanks Newff!! I'll check that out.

Wow - its been six hours and not a single comment about my plaid jacket!
I haven't been online yet today buddy! jacket. Matching pants?

I'm glad you were able to find it. I think the link I posted yesterday was Canadian Tire, yes?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I haven't been online yet today buddy! jacket. Matching pants?

I'm glad you were able to find it. I think the link I posted yesterday was Canadian Tire, yes?
Hey Finn!

Thanks for posting the link yesterday; it was in fact to Canadian Tire. I copied down their inventory number, drove to the nearest store, and picked one up last night. (A sonic scrubber, that is. I'm married so that's all the wife let's me pick up).

These are fairly big stores, but they are all over the place up here. My town is not a big place with only about 150 - 200K population. But there are THREE of these stores within 15 minutes drive of my house. I guess us Canucks buy lots of tires. I wonder why?

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Finn!

Thanks for posting the link yesterday; it was in fact to Canadian Tire. I copied down their inventory number, drove to the nearest store, and picked one up last night. (A sonic scrubber, that is. I'm married so that's all the wife let's me pick up).

These are fairly big stores, but they are all over the place up here. My town is not a big place with only about 150 - 200K population. But there are THREE of these stores within 15 minutes drive of my house. I guess us Canucks buy lots of tires. I wonder why?

Cheers!
Cool! Yeah, I wonder why?!

Weather still improving? Gotta drive while you can buddy!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #28
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Cool! Yeah, I wonder why?!

Weather still improving? Gotta drive while you can buddy!
Yes! Today its sunny and 70F, so the Bimmer is on the road today, top down to the office!

This is a funny place for folks who don't live here. Because it rains a lot, on the days when it is warm and sunny, you will see the locals get up early, go for a walk, mow the lawn, wash the car, do outdoor chores, have a picnic/ bbq, go for another walk, think of more outdoor things to do. And then repeat all that after lunch. Around here, you never know when the next nice day is coming!

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #29
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Double post!

Last edited by Huz-Z; 05-27-2011 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Delete Double Post!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes! Today its sunny and 70F, so the Bimmer is on the road today, top down to the office!

This is a funny place for folks who don't live here. Because it rains a lot, on the days when it is warm and sunny, you will see the locals get up early, go for a walk, mow the lawn, wash the car, do outdoor chores, have a picnic/ bbq, go for another walk, think of more outdoor things to do. And then repeat all that after lunch. Around here, you never know when the next nice day is coming!
Wow, your weather is better than "sunny California" today. Here in the Norcal Sierra foothills it's 58, windy, overcast. Cold and rainy on Tuesday. Our desert tortoise is very crabby about all this--he's out of hibernation and rather hungry but needs it to be warm to eat. He came stomping by the sliding glass door last night looking super pissed! Looked for him this morning and he's burrowed in--he game me the stinkeye and hissed and pulled even more into his shell.

Enjoy that weather, even if it's only part of the day!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #31
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow, your weather is better than "sunny California" today. Here in the Norcal Sierra foothills it's 58, windy, overcast. Cold and rainy on Tuesday. Our desert tortoise is very crabby about all this--he's out of hibernation and rather hungry but needs it to be warm to eat. He came stomping by the sliding glass door last night looking super pissed! Looked for him this morning and he's burrowed in--he game me the stinkeye and hissed and pulled even more into his shell.

Enjoy that weather, even if it's only part of the day!
I've been stuck in the office all day, but my buddy tells me its 23C or 73F - positively tropical for this place, this time of year. Got to bust out of here soon!!

Is that a pet tortoise you have, or a local critter that comes by your place?

If you want to see a story on a unique stray animal, check out this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...ermen-527.html

You won't find one of these at the ASPCA - anywhere!!! I've been told that you should not feed a stray cat if you don't want him to stick around - but this is ridiculous!!!

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #32
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

And to get back on track - I ordered some Sonax wheel cleaner today, so I'm keen to give it a try. By all reports, I expect to be delighted with it!

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #33
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
And to get back on track - I ordered some Sonax wheel cleaner today, so I'm keen to give it a try. By all reports, I expect to be delighted with it!

The best part is spraying it on green, going inside to get a drink (of water ) come out 3 minutes later and it looks like it's bleeding!!

I use the 'jet' setting on my nozzle to get all the goop off, then use a towel just for my wheels...spotless
      05-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #34
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post

The best part is spraying it on green, going inside to get a drink (of water ) come out 3 minutes later and it looks like it's bleeding!!

I use the 'jet' setting on my nozzle to get all the goop off, then use a towel just for my wheels...spotless
Excellent - I can't wait to get the bleeding brake dust off the wheels!

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #35
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've been stuck in the office all day, but my buddy tells me its 23C or 73F - positively tropical for this place, this time of year. Got to bust out of here soon!!

Is that a pet tortoise you have, or a local critter that comes by your place?

If you want to see a story on a unique stray animal, check out this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...ermen-527.html

You won't find one of these at the ASPCA - anywhere!!! I've been told that you should not feed a stray cat if you don't want him to stick around - but this is ridiculous!!!
First, I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the weather! We had a cold and wet storm move through here yesterday along with some thunderstorms. I can't remember a weekend at the end of May where that's happened.

As for that Beluga, looks like they fed the "stray cat".

Warning, going way here, but since you asked.

Hercules is a desert tortoise who is 55 years old. He's ours, not just a local critter who wanders by, and he lives in the backyard during half the year and hibernates inside in the downstairs bathroom cupboard the rest of the year.

We have a special license for him from Fish and Game since it's now illegal to remove these guys from the wild (or put them back due to the risk of introducing diseases). That wasn't the case when he was captured a long almost 50 years ago but how as an Endangered Species he's protected.

We came upon him when he was diagnosed with a terminal bladder stone. (Due to size and complexity, and because it interferes with recycling of fluids during hibernation.) We took him in and found a herpetologist who was willing to use experimental laparoscopic to remove the stone (the other approach is the crack open the shell, which is living bone, which has a lower success/survival rate and takes years to heal). He's fine now and very healthy and will probably outlive us.

He's a pretty smart little guy for having such a small brain, has a great personality, will eat from your hand, and knocks on the door when he's hungry or wants to come in (sometimes he sleeps in the downstairs bathroom when it's really hot in the summer). He's also our dog's buddy. In fact, the dog is his protector and will watch over him while he eats, chasing off Jays and anything else that looks like a threat, and checks on him about 5 times a day to make sure he's okay. (Unusual since dogs often try to eat these guys--not in this case though.)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #36
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Okay - that is one seriously cool turtle that you have there! Awesome story - thanks for sharing!

Actually, it was a dandy day here yesterday for driving, 75F and sunny. I drafted my folks to babysit for the afternoon and the wife and I took off for a top down spin. No driving at the limit at light speed mind you, just some fun cruising around town and popping into a few spots around town. The "strip" downtown was alive with nice cars, bikes and folks out for a stroll or enjoying a coffee at a sidewalk cafe. The Z turns lots of heads, I have to say! The wife is particularly fond of the trunk in the Z4, which, after hitting a few local shops yesterday, she has pronounced to be large enough for some decent shopping. Take that, E89!

Good lord - I am sunk for sure!!!

I should have my Sonax later in the week so I'll be sure to follow up with a post to let you know how it works out.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #37
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Sounds wonderful! The weather finally cooperated yesterday and we got out for a little drive with friend who was in town and bunch of other BMWs. My wife took our friend in the Z and I was in the Scoob (mine is in the shop at moment--thread over on the engine and drivetrain section on issues). The Scoob is a pretty good car but the body roll and lack of steering feel make me miss the Z all the more. But at least it wasn't raining, the sun was out, and there was a good turnout!

I'm looking forward to your opinion on Sonax.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #38
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Finn that's an awesome tortoise story! So glad you found him and took care of him!

I rescued a conure a few years ago. Thier life span can be 25-50 years. The idea of being in having him around into my 80s is a mind bender!

Here's much lighter odd pet story-
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1716406566
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #39
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

We should order the sonax in bulk. Other than direct tire or detailed image does anyone have any recommendations on where i can buy this wheel cleaner?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #40
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
Finn that's an awesome tortoise story! So glad you found him and took care of him!

I rescued a conure a few years ago. Thier life span can be 25-50 years. The idea of being in having him around into my 80s is a mind bender!

Here's much lighter odd pet story-
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1716406566
Yep, birds have very long life span! (Sun conure?)

Just bounced back over to this thread. That's hilarious story--part wild hog, part Border Collie!
Appreciate 0