ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Big_CG
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

New struts- now getting a loose "rattle" feeling around corners

Just installed a set of Bilstein B4 struts. Car has 115k on it, when I pulled the OEM shocks they literally had 0 damping abilities left. The fronts would collapse on their own weight, the rears would compress and not come back up.

Now, Im noticing when I go around corners or moving the wheel back and forth quickly, I notice a little "click" or loose feeling occasionally. Any ideas what this could be? I didn't notice it before, perhaps the blown stock shocks were hiding any other worn components.

I have a set of Meyle HD LCA bushings on the way. I checked the ball joints and stabilizer bar links and they all seemed tight and not leaking.

Any other thoughts? When I lift the front left wheel off the ground and push in the wheel at 9 and 3, I can see the LCA where it goes into the bushing deflect at least 1/8" on either side. Hoping thats the issue
Appreciate 0