ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Pic request: rolled fenders

Lets see who's done what. I'd like to roll mine to put some fatter tires in the back, to do that I need to roll them about 3-4mm
      07-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
BlackMoupe
Mouper
United_States
Rep
Drives: _____

Iwrench and Thatcher both had rolled fender's on their coupes...Their photos should reflect it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

thanks
      07-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

I flared mine, I'll try and take some pictures to illustrate it. Basically when I rolled them it still didn't give me quite enough clearance for the travel i needed at the track on square shouldered tires. After rolling a tad, I used the eastwood rolled that bolts on the hub to help flair the center out, and then decreased the radius as I hit the bumper and side skirt portion. It gave me all the clearance I needed (after trimming the fender liners as well) and it's tough to distinguish it from stock if I don't point it out to people.
      07-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I don't have any pix of my rear fenders, but mine are rolled slightly. I still get some rubbing at the track, but it seems to just be the fender liner that's getting rubbed away by the tire on the passenger. I know this because the tire isn't really damaged, which means that it's not coming into contact with any metal.
And all this seems to only happen at turn 6 @ Laguna Seca. It's a medium-speed left-hand corner with a tiny dip in the track, so my passenger side rubs a bit there

If I were to try and roll the rear fenders any more I would be risking potential damage, and I don't want to flare either, so I'll leave it as-is for now
Appreciate 0